lsr drag axle fitment

Surfrjag

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was temped to take 2mm off each side of the carrier as long as the chain lined up. Ha

the axle uses threaded locknuts so i dont have to tighten onto the bearings. So maybe i dont need the center tube

• 2 weeks later...

that's great fouled but im having trouble figuring out how. if you put one set of bearings in then the hub will touch the carrier before it touches the bearing, in my case anyways. I would like to see if I can get someone to measure there brake or sprocket hub to see how far it reaches inside the carrier or if someone would measure their 40mm carrier to see how deep the bearings sit. here is what im working with

photobucket-26468-1365897779973_zps227df

13.2mm

photobucket-35456-1365897766363_zps4b418

13.53mm

buy the proper jj+a carrier..

dude  they are cheap as all get out.  your right that your spacing is all wrong.   i had to make a spacer and an internal spacer to make a carrier work back in the days.  amazing how much better your chain stays on when it actually lines up...

then sell that shitty ass lsr drag axle and buy a jj+a.   after you get that pile to fit its going to flop all over the place and if the splines are not already screwed up they will be.    oh  you can glue the hubs all on to kinda stop it tho.. 

jj+a axle + jj+a carrier = happy days drag racing.  no floppy shit and no crap to deal with later.

What if you made a new tube and also made spacers for the bearings? Get some steel pipe the correct diameter so it hits the stops inside the carrier then just cut rings off it the correct thickness? Once you do that measure how wide it is and cut a new spacer tube to fit? That's why you're talking about right?