question about best simple trans mods

I am thinking about doing some simple mods to my trans.  It shifts OK, but if I could do some simple mods to make it better, I would.  I searched the forums for info about shift star mods, shift rod  and shift detent mod.  I am also thinking about replacing the clutch because it seemed to slip a little on shifting the last time I rode.  I had adjusted the clutch cable out.  The clutch didn't slip before this, so maybe I had just adjusted it too far.  If I replace the clutch, who makes the best clutch for a basically stock banshee?  Also, my main question is is a modded shift star, modded shift rod and shift detent roller bearing worth it?  If so, who makes the best ones?  Thanks for any help or info you can give me.

• 3 weeks later...

The shift shaft mod is easy as well... i did mine with a dremel and a straight cutting bit... you need to cut a little out of the bottom of the window where the eccentric adjuster screw hits, so the shaft can move up more.. I have the Mull Engineering detent bearing, and it's a nice piece.

Yeah Tricked that trans is SWEEEET! We are slow with cars today, so I'm going to assemble my 4mil, on my trans build bench... The best thing about being the boss is being able to do whatever you want, when you want! LOL Hopefully I should have it done, back in the bike, and tuned by 6:00PM! Hopefully! LOL I can't wait to try out that trans... No more missing second!

How bout that Tyson cut tranny Zilla guy? Any good?

fully modified trans is the only way to go.  the bits by themselves alone dont do all that great.   the 6th/1st nub dosent have to be cut  but it can be  wont do anything but loose about .4 grams of steel. 

i have seen some come in that were completely done and still shifted kinda notchy.  sometimes its the gears having issues on the shafts, or the work was done by someone on crack and looked like crap.  there are little nuances that can make or break a trans modification.