My new sprocket guard

Impressive machine work, but in my opinion the design sucks. Yes, it's a massive chunk of iron, but it's bolted to the sprocket. That's like bolting rock rails to the body sheet metal. Like putting Rockwell axles in a unibody Jeep Cherokee. Like... That's all I got. Why not use longer sprocket bolts so you utilize the structural integrity of the sprocket hub? And I really don't think it needs to be 5/8" thick at the mounting point.

Damn, tell us what u really think. Haha

Nice piece! I have a question for you.. How do you like your Alba a-arms? Do your Delrin bushings suck? One season on mine and they are loose as hell! I'm making a set out of brass, so i don't have that problem any more..

You should contact them, I'm pretty sure they were replacing bits as they were prematurely wearing. They made a post on here about it a while back.

Try the search with alba a arms.

This is really similar to the setups we use DH racing. A company by the name of e.Thirteen makes the bashguards I use on my front guidering, and they're made of polycarbonate so they're super light but durable...I've taken some nasty rocks and logs to this thing and it holds up awesome!

http://bythehive.com/e-thirteen/components/turbochargers/

Idk the cost to make these, but that could help your weight issue. being these ones are under 100 grams!

Nice piece! I have a question for you.. How do you like your Alba a-arms? Do your Delrin bushings suck? One season on mine and they are loose as hell! I'm making a set out of brass, so i don't have that problem any more..

Just got em put on last week so we'll see how they hold up.  It rides so nice with the elkas on it.

Impressive machine work, but in my opinion the design sucks. Yes, it's a massive chunk of iron, but it's bolted to the sprocket. That's like bolting rock rails to the body sheet metal. Like putting Rockwell axles in a unibody Jeep Cherokee. Like... That's all I got. Why not use longer sprocket bolts so you utilize the structural integrity of the sprocket hub? And I really don't think it needs to be 5/8" thick at the mounting point.

You are entitled to your opinion.  With that being said I don't really care.  This was a simple way to do it.  Never tried to get the studs out of the sprocket hub so I don't know how hard they are to get out.  I could give two shits about the weight.  All I'm concerned with is ground clearance and keeping the chain on in the rough rocky sections I ride in.