My new sprocket guard

Hmm.. Seems the chain would be hitting the logs, not the teeth

I think dude was talking about using a second sprocket in place of the smooth disc. I wondered that too. The blingstar ones have little cut outs in em for that I think.

How come you are only running it on one side?

And have you thought about making a two piece instead of one so you dont have to take the wheel off to install it? And if you run a second inside one, wont have to remove sprocket and hub too.

I don't think there is enough room on the inside...if I had a roundhouse style carrier then I think it would be easy to have one on both sides.  My brother machined this at work and he has a blaster so all measurements were taken into account.  Plus it was free!

How come you are only running it on one side?

And have you thought about making a two piece instead of one so you dont have to take the wheel off to install it? And if you run a second inside one, wont have to remove sprocket and hub too.

I like the single sided way better. The bling star one gets packed with shit and eats up chains and sprockets. The single sided stays way cleaner. I like the 2 piece design idea tho.

Well i like your guard.. I think it is great idea for your type of riding.. If its working like it should then rock the fuck on

Thanks man.  All I do is trails/woods and hoping to hit a few harescrambles this year so it should work great.

Nice piece! I have a question for you.. How do you like your Alba a-arms? Do your Delrin bushings suck? One season on mine and they are loose as hell! I'm making a set out of brass, so i don't have that problem any more..

Impressive machine work, but in my opinion the design sucks. Yes, it's a massive chunk of iron, but it's bolted to the sprocket. That's like bolting rock rails to the body sheet metal. Like putting Rockwell axles in a unibody Jeep Cherokee. Like... That's all I got. Why not use longer sprocket bolts so you utilize the structural integrity of the sprocket hub? And I really don't think it needs to be 5/8" thick at the mounting point.