hiding wires

LawDog

I plan on having everything up front as well right behind the bumper where the frame is gusseted/webbed. Also the coolant res - Although many say they aren't needed. CDI and Reg will be mounted on a little plate above the resi.

How are you guys routing your wiring coming out of the flywheel to the front of the bike when you do this?

Would you route up the left frame tube to the middle of the frame then through the frames Loop hole under the gas tank?

I need to figure out wire lengths approximately so I can start on my harness ( shrinking it in milspec raychem tubing so I got to plan it out kinda well )  It should look pretty clean without a bunch of wiring running along the stock airbox and with new wires ran it can help reduce connection issues with 20 year old wires potentially ( grounds are looking rough with the crimped connectors )

Anyone use different connectors than stock? 

I moved my CDI up front then I run my wires for my tail lights inside the frame so you cant see any wires from the motor back.

your CDI can mount with velcro right to the back of your tank. (between the seat and tank there is room.)

Makes it easy to remove without tools and also a breeze for testing different CDI's if your having an issue.

I made an aluminum bracket and mounted it under the stock tank rear mount for the cdi (like Finch).  Coil I left in the same place as it is practical.  No regulator and no lights.  That is a perfect place for the CDI because it attaches direct to the stator without the extension harness.  Everything is right there close except the your run/stop circuit.

SP