indents on flywheel

WOW I didn't check msgs for like a few hours. Thanks for the info I will post a picture so everyone can see what I have. It didn't remove any material just pushed it in I guess.... I actually had the puller on its way he just got impatient I guess. Now with a lightened flywheel is it going to build tons faster? In a sense getting to powerband faster? Would it hurt your ability to trial ride or "putt" around with a lightened flywheel? I believe or want to believe that the indents are 90 deg. From eachother and I would think it wouldn't throw off balance because of that. But I don't want to risk the chance of fucking up my newly put together motor.

Ive never had a lightened flywheel, some people like them others don't. I do know that they have to be done right or they can fall apart easily. Your flywheel should be fine, mine was pretty beat up and never had any issues as I said earlier. Post some pics of it.

I bought a Banshee with a new top end for my kids

Ten years later,I had it bored, the left went 3 more over sizes than the right -at the time didn't know why

It ran right up until the flywheel broke in two.

It had  pry bar marks, hammer marks,puller marks and bends on the face, eventually split through the rivets all the way around.

The left crank bearing had some play and that would explain the left hole being so bad.

Anyway,that flywheel was REALLY BAD, I never would have ran if I had known,

But it lasted 10 years !

If I was you, I'd run it, if it didn't give much of a fight coming off with a 2 jaw puller.