Bent frame

trpkkd

Does anyone know of any atv salvage yards in Michigan or is ebay my best bet? I bought a 96 shee awhile back and while I was riding I noticed it pulls to the right when you let off the handlebars I stood it up yesterday and can see the front is tweaked I don't think it can be straightened. Any info will be appreciated 

There is a purposely bent section of the frame under the motor....I believe it is on the left side.

I believe I once heard that Tyson Racing has a frame jig to check/straighten the shee frames.

There IS a guy in Michigan that does what you speak of.....however he has a bad rep on here.  His company is MotorCity ATV.  He has been known for sending out shit used parts and claiming they were "lightly used".  Then saying that he wont return them.  if you go this route....I suggest you go there in person.  I have been there in person and that is the only way I will buy anything from him.....is in person.  make sure you check things VERY VERY VERY THOUROUGHLY.  Id also make sure that the VIN # actually matches the frame.  AND I would try and talk to him to agree (and maybe even in writing if he would) that you are buying it based on it being supposedly straight......if its not you want your money back no questions asked. 

I think motocity is minka. If thats the case then dont buy shit from him!!! Minka is a known fucked up seller. He might have tons of parts but he stands by none of them. Pick up that frame from specialsteve or buy a set of adjustable arms and compensate with the alignment. Rode m banshee for 4 years with my LSR arms compensating for it. Good luck.

• Like 1

Took a few pics yesterday with my phone so not the greatest. I'm thinking it's tweaked right behind where the right A arms attach to the frame also you can see the right wheel is back farther than the left.

418_zps92e232b8.jpg

417_zps6e1336e7.jpg

416_zps3d4853f1.jpg

415_zps852f41f6.jpg

Definitely bent. Is the paint burnt off the upper A arms at the back from somebody heating or welding on them? If so replace them. The stock upper A arms are weak and probably would not have survived that hard of a hit. The lower A arms might have survived, but you should check them. Check the A arm ball joints for looseness. Take the steel sleave from the upper A arm and shove it through the lower A arm bushings. This will show you if the lower A arm is bent so that the bushings are not all in a line.

Definitely bent. Is the paint burnt off the upper A arms at the back from somebody heating or welding on them? If so replace them. The stock upper A arms are weak and probably would not have survived that hard of a hit. The lower A arms might have survived, but you should check them. Check the A arm ball joints for looseness. Take the steel sleave from the upper A arm and shove it through the lower A arm bushings. This will show you if the lower A arm is bent so that the bushings are not all in a line.

Awesome idea, never thought of that