Decking CP Industries cylinders.

if you use a billet 10 mill crank it will deff break. i don't care what anyone says its well known that billet crankshafts break all the time. forged is the way to go if you want reliability. and i mean like 4-8 years on a crank reliability.

Thats weird?? Not saying your wrong by any means.. Just the first time i have ever heard that. I was under the assumption that billet cranks were the superior crank of choice??

Same here. I have heard of Billit cranks breaking but they were in motors bound for destructive glory! I would've thought a twister 4mm would outlast a HotRods any day. I'm still learning the aftermarket crank stuff though.

who says a 10 mill wont last??  i hot lap the SHIT out of my 535.. it is on alky BUT i'm sure on gas it would be just fine..

those guys you race that just blow off their tires have frame setup issues.  its not up to the builders to set up the chassis.  i have had to tell guys that i did cr500 kart motors that they need to get it to the ground.  i just gave them the ability to overpower the track if they feel necessary..

if you use a billet 10 mill crank it will deff break.  i don't care what anyone says  its well known that billet crankshafts break all the time.  forged is the way to go if you want reliability.  and i mean like 4-8 years on a crank reliability.  

if it was me  i'd consider a pv cheetah.  but thats just me.  if done right you would have the bottom end you would need and the top end if you were on larger tracks.  you could also adjust the pv's for different tracks and conditions. 

next choice would be a 10 mill super serval cub with correct head ( and porting)..   if your "class" dosent have a cc need then....   

Or just a super cub 520.. 

BUT  no matter what  your going to be right back in the same boat as them friends of yours  and blowing your tires off....

if you built a lowerhp motor  its much easier to control  and a lot of times  having a bike that you can control will always get you a win in any kind of circle or MX racing..  and all that involves a LOT more than just a motor....

I might be gettin with you at some point on the 10mil super serve. I mean I already got the bottom end and the head sealing issues with my 68mm top.

It looks like my re-sleeved Vitos MIGHT not work out because the lack of pistons.

Sorry trickedcarbide for intruding!

PS no CAM didn't say that I did lol

I guess no matter of any part there is away a HUGE CHANCE OF FAILURE when pushing these engines to the limits!! Sorry, i was not trying to jack this thread! Just caught me off guard when i read billets are more or less junk! I guess luck plays a big role in anything! Hope luck is on my side:-)!

• 6 months later...

I have been dune riding and trail riding my dune ported 465 cub(10 mil) now for 4 years now. I have a TDR forged crank($800.00). I cruise with my two kids who also have banshee's  a 421 cub(dune ported HJR) and a  dune ported stock cylinders with a 4mil  crank from HJR. If you mix your gas with good oil (klotz) and are jetted correctly  and built by some one who knows what they are doing the motor will last. Did I also mention I'm 42 and my son is 17 and daughter is 15.We go out riding almost every weekend and never had a failure. Again my bike is up and down on the throttle  trying to keep up with the kids. So trust me when i say 10 mil cranks will last....