Can this be repaired?

First off I am new to hq and I'd like to say this site is awesome. 3 months ago I traded a sig p220 svt 45 for a 03 banshee that had these mods lsr +2+1 arms, cool head, 36 mm carbs, boost bottle, v force 3's, some typ of ajustable ignition set to race mode, fmf gold series sst with power core 2 silencers, and had some crazy porting on stock bore, wiseco pistons, and ran on avgas.I ran the bike for a month 3-4 times a week. It out ran every thing I raced....... then one day in 4 gear power band BOOM. Melted piston in one cylinder, cracked cylinder, broken connecting rod, rod went through the case. I am rebuilding with a 421 cub, but I'd like to know how this could of happened so it won't on my new build? As for the old engin can the cylinder be resleaved and can the case be welded?

Many things could've happened.

#1 question: Did you mess with anything THAT DAY on the Banshee? 

Yeah the case could probably be welded but you can also find case halves on the buy/sell here for really reasonable.

Same with the cylinders - Yeah they can be resleeved but maybe you can pay a little more and get a new set.

The only thing I did was cleen the air filters. It sucked because I was getting back in to riding after not having a bike for 8 yrs. so now I am building a mad max 4stroke eater. I am going with a 421 because my step dad who raced enduros with a KTM 550 2 stroke always told me " there's no replacement for displacement" I've heard they have no bottom end would a ajustable timing plate give any more bottom end? Do I need tranny mods? Thanks for any info.

Im going to split my cases and decided it isn't quite worth sending out my transmission pieces to get modded. The average rider won't benefit from the few mods. Thats just with minimal searching though. I forgot what it is called. There is a board member here that provides the service. If you have money coming out your ears, then by all means.

Im going to split my cases and decided it isn't quite worth sending out my transmission pieces to get modded. The average rider won't benefit from the few mods. Thats just with minimal searching though. I forgot what it is called. There is a board member here that provides the service. If you have money coming out your ears, then by all means.

You should really think twice about giving any advise a modded tranny or end cut trans is worth it on any motor and if one or two hundred is going to break the bank you are owning the wrong bike

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I am not worried about spending extra money to make it right. Ive spent 3600 on a new case, cub cylnders, hot rods 4mill crank, cpi pipes, and new domes for the cool head I have and other parts. I am going to spend more than that on suspension. I just dont want to get this thing togher and have tranny problems. To me relibality is worth every $. What is a cut trans? The guy selling me the parts said i'll have 93 hp what are recomended trans mods for that hp. Thanks again, still trying to load pics

^^ This guy has been on one lately huh?

To the OP, YES, get the trans modded. It benefits stock bikes,,add cub cyls and your estimated 93HP,,then it becomes imperative IMO. I have tried it both ways,and can assure you ,if done right,its worth every penny and then some.

See my signature for who did mine.