Help me ID my front suspension

zbaber

I could use some help.

I picked up a banshee on trade yesterday.. and will be slowly fixing it up.

I need help identifying the front end on my banshee.

I know its not stock, and dont see any markings to help me id it. It doesn't fit very well and the upper arms interfere with the shocks at rest.

Shock length is 14.75"

I can get more pictures if needed. 

Thanks in advance!

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

DAMN that upper a-arm is tearing up that shock.

I dont know what those a-arms or shocks are but dont ride it like that!

Its in pieces anyways... left cylinder is torn up very badly, looks like a poor port job in combination with broken rings. sleeve is scored beyond repair. I'll need new cylinders before it will run again.

After doing some ebay research, the shocks look kinda like some older works shocks.. but I cant tell for sure...the springs have been painted over. I'm going to tear it down all the way and try removing the top layer of rattle can to expose the original coloring.

thoes are tcs springs now racetech. not sure on actual shock bodys but they are 5/8 shaft so most likely tcs or pep. thoes arms have been popping up alot in pictures not sure of brand but bansheeboie had same problem w a set of elkas i sold him. maybe get skinnier springs. best thing would be ditch the arms thoes arr decent shocks if tgey are not blown.

Thanks guys... Its all torn apart now to powdercoat the frame and waiting on engine parts anyways.

It will mostly be a "toy" for trail riding, some woods, and joyriding around the field...So i probably wont go to crazy. .

The shocks seem to be in good shape, no leaks that I can find. I'll most likely go for some +1 arms for a little added stability. Who knows, I've got tons of research to do before doing any purchasing.

Again, thanks!

turns out, under all that spray paint, the springs are lower springs are red eibach springs, small uppers are black. Still no other markings on them.

They are 15.5" once off the machine, which I'm guessing is the reason they hit the upper a arms so badly.

Guess I'll try to trade them out for some correct length shocks, or even some stockers and some other parts... 

Those are GT Thunder HLS shocks. The dead giveaway is the upper spring retainer.

15.5" is the same length as a TRX250R shock, which is likely the machine those came off of.

I have no clue about the a-arms. Throw them away and start with something new. There's obviously some geometry problems. Even with a 15.5" shock, it shouldn't be binding on the upper arm like that.

Matt, if those shocks were only 14.5", wouldn't there be a chance that the shock bottoms out and doesn't allow the a-arm to hit?

Is the extra length of those shocks allows the arms to drop lower and cause the hitting point?

Just trying to throw some ideas out there. No idea what stock shock length is..

Glad to finally know what these shocks are.. They have been attacked with spray paint by the previous owner.. 

With 14.5" from eye to eye, they shocks have about 1/8 inch clearance to the upper arm..anything more they hit

Its totally stripped anyways, so I'm keeping an eye out for a good deal on some front arms

Yeah, shorter shocks would keep the a-arm from over-extending and binding on the shock. Either way, those bungs they used in those a-arms aren't the right kind to be used in that application anyways, so I would question the overall integrity of the arms... Scrap the arms, but the shocks aren't bad... sell em to a TRX250R dude.