Need some help with a wiring question

ICULOKN

I have searched the site and read the wiring FAQ a few times.

I have a drag bike I picked up that I have not tried to start but the wiring is a mess and I want to clean it up. Leaving the CDI to the Kill Switch and all is a Black, Red, Black/White, Green/Yellow.

Looking through the wiring diagram It appears to me the Red & Black are normally open and get Shorted/Closed when the Factory On/Off Switch gets moved to ON?

The Black/White appears to be a kill wire that should NORMALLY not See ground? Ground it out when you want to kill the bike or is that backwards?

Right now the Black/White is hooked directly to the Jugs as a ground. The Red & Black are together going to the Black on the Coil and then hit a ground through a tether switch. Might be right just doesnt look right to me. Im not ready to start it yet just checking things to try and prevent as many issues as I can.

iirc the black wire with a red tracer needs to be ungrounded all the time for spark, and the black white needs a ground however should not be tied to engine but should be soldered to the black wire.

Welcome to BHQ. You are now the president of the 1st post fail club.

The red/black wire needs to be grounded for the bike to run. The black/white wire is the kill wire and gets connected to the black ground wire to KILL the motor.

Welcome to BHQ. You are now the president of the 1st post fail club. The red/black wire needs to be grounded for the bike to run. The black/white wire is the kill wire and gets connected to the black ground wire to KILL the motor.

Ok so that means I can put the Red & black together and just run the Black/White through the tether and back to Ground/Black?