Slick Banshee Thumb Throttle

No way to mod the Honda thumb throttle for more pull? remove material from housing or a stopper plate, or relocate where the knarp sits in the throttle cam?

I talked to nasty about it he is a pro at this stuff and no way for them to open 39's or 35's. all the way

Sent using Tapatalk

^ Take this thing, the stock knarp on your cable end ( not removable )

Odyssey-Cable-Knarp-2-Pack.jpg

and you could either relocate its position to give you more pull or remove material from what limits the pull (throttle stop). Just depends.

Or maybe it wouldn't work.

You can modify the plastic throttle tube knarp location to give you throttle pull on a twist throttle.

The only thing that sucks if you have bigger carbs you can't run the Honda throttle it doesn't allow te carbs to open all the way not enough throw. Sent using Tapatalk

You scared me and I'm glad you did. I just so happen to be in the process of adding bigger carbs to my combo. My new Mikuni VM32mm carbs would not go through the full travel. They either wouldn't open all the way or wouldn't bottom out.

I ended up deleting the loc nut on the carb cabs and used loctite there instead. This gave me full travel.

There is also another loc nut on the handlebars just before the thumber. There is also a throttle stop inside the box that could be ground down for another few MM's of travel.

I don't see a reason why the 400ex thumber couldn't be used with up to a 35mm carb- 39's might be a stretch.

Here's a pic of the stop and upper loc nut that could be deleted for more travel.

20121217_151332.jpg