in need of some help

hey guys im in the process of getting the banshee ripping again for the winter switching back to stock carbs havet rode it in about a month but it ran good when i put it away.

today go and try to start it and i hear a ticking noise almost like a card in a bycycle spoke so took stator cover off looked at that was fine took carbs and reeds after got the reeds off it stops when u turn it over so i figured reeds were bad put my stock ones in just to see and it still does it just not as much

just hoping its something simple and aint my crank it just dont make sense to me that it didnt make this noise the last time i rode it

any help would be appreciated thanks 

You've checked the stator side and the reeds. Next logical step is to remove the clutch cover and see if it's from there. I've had motors come here with similar complaints. Some have had issues under the clutch cover ie: bolts, nuts or other parts coming loose and rubbing against moving parts or floating around freely in the clutch side. Others have had issues in the bottom or top end. I've seen lower skirts break where intake ports have been opened up too far, bad crank bearings or loose piston fitment. So, if you don't find anything under the clutch cover you may want to pull the top-end and maybe even split the case to find the issue.