Impeller gear

Well I started tearing down my motor tonight and pulled my clutch cover off and there was a piece of my impeller gear. That's probably the real reason shee blew up. Jetting was an issue but this would definitely have caused the insanely hot cool that was so hot it blew my overflow hose off and shot in my face and crotch. What do I do now? Another plastic one or is there something better?

rege7ezu.jpg

Yes, definitely get the Mull gear. It's a really nice piece and no more worries.

The way that gear is broke, I would almost bet you broke it putting the clutch cover on last time and not having the gears lined up. I like to put covers on without the water pump cover, so you can spin the impeller and get the gears to mesh as you push the clutch cover on.

Edited by Starwriter

Yes, definitely get the Mull gear. It's a really nice piece and no more worries.

The way that gear is broke, I would almost bet you broke it putting the clutch cover on last time and not having the gears lined up. I like to put covers on without the water pump cover, so you can spin the impeller and get the gears to mesh as you push the clutch cover on.

That's a possibility. But I had been riding it about 3 weeks without having the cover off when it blew up. So idk how that would work. Oh well. Anybody have a used one laying around? I'm sure it's worth the $50 from mull but I'll see If I can find one used first.