- New owner - One Cylinder Weak Spark -

KozyHeat

pshh! Way overrated, you think they did them back in 1989!

I need new spark plugs. The backfiring moved to the left side when I swapped plugs this time.

BOGUS I hate wasting spark plugs like that - I need to try one of them fancy sandblasters.

I gotta measure my exhaust and intake, go get a schrader valve, some pvc, and either a gas pressure tester thing or I was THINKING my bicycle pump would possibly work. The bicycle pump clamps on and has a gauge on it.

Oah yeah, my right carburetor screw cap holder screw stripped off today!!!! I wasn't even torquing it on hard! Pissed me off. The left side is missing, and the right side is stripped now. I don't even think you could fit a tap in there beacuse it would bottom out so quick.

Sorry - didn't see your response ( bookmark set at page 5 )

I kick it probably 5 times or whenever the needle stops moving up significantly. I forgot to do WOT the first time today and it gave me the same number, maybe even higher than when I did WOT.

When I did the compression check after I put the top end together - I had no carbs and no Exhaust, so when I did it this time, I had exhaust and Carbs. Not sure if that matters though. I had a warm-ish motor ( its so cold out it cools off quickly. Probably thermosiphons itself to death in the wind)

Yeah, I will find a set of 2 non-resistor caps, and run resistor plugs. I am trying to think of a machine I can rob them but all the other stuff is content or single cylinder that I would steal it from.

Maybe I should just trim back some of the insulation, install a ring terminal and put a nut on the threads on top of the plugs.

I hear you can install the slides incorrectly as well. I got to go look through the airbox and see if they are backwards

Okay with a Cometic gasket set and my prolite pistons My squish is greater than .062 " !!!

Could that be a problem? I don't even have solder large enough to find the exact thickness. I just bend a 90degree piece and stick it in till I hit the wall, then rotate the flywheel by hand.

That would be why my compression is low isn't it. So I need to measure my squish, remove the head, and have it decked? Do the pro-lite pistons wrist pin locations move or are the domes lower ? what gives?

• 4 weeks later...

Okay

I should throw up a picture of the bars.

They shot alright though my spray can was dying - Maybe not as durable as I would have hoped but we'll see.

They barely fit in the oven

Still need to get a new bar pad

Still need to make my cdi relocator in the front and harness.

Got to throw my carbies back on with my new needle + mainjets for the cold weather!

• 2 weeks later...

Spark plug worked its way loose on the left cylinder, air leak,  Blown up

I guess that means you should always check them and torque them properly. Clearly my fault on this one.

Performance difference was hardly noticable. I have a 240 jet and its a warm day so I thought It was four-stroking like I wanted it to. I don't think there is any chance I was detonating or pinging to force the plug loose. I went too far to forget to turn the fuel on I think, I had it on reserve and just added a gallon. 40:1 cheap oil 91 octane.

I suck at tuning eah

Don't know what I'm going to do