- New owner - One Cylinder Weak Spark -

KozyHeat

No pictures but the motors back in and ready for tomorrows cylinder transplant ( if the parts do show up )

I started to blast the frame but as soon as I did of course my blaster started shooting moisture with the sand, rendering the gun ineffective. So I did a small strip and shot some 'self etching primer' (yucky puke color ) and yeah, put the motor back in.

I'm just going to run the minimum stuff I need to test the new setup. If it runs like with no power still - Its either reeds/intake, carburetor, or Electrical --which is fine. But if it does run well. I will tear it all down and get the frame + suspension blasted and I'll paint it.

Hey Guys.

Got my parts late today so I am assembling now.

I am taking forever putting this together because I want to do it correctly.

I got a problem though -- my rings as is sitting in the bore are sitting at .021" on the left cylinder. I want .004" per inch for the top ring gap, and .005" per inch of gap for bottom ring

My bore is approx 64.50mm ( 2.539 " ) So if I multiply the bore in inches

by the ring gap I want

.010 for the top

.012 for the bottom

Im already at .021 in for the top and bottom ring - No filing needed ? Or get a new ringset? Did the previous owner install too small of pistons? my bore is 64.53 mm, and these pistons are 64.50 pistons from wiseco

90psi both cylinders ( never ran it yet )

Again the hose on the compression tester is 2 feet, probably 4 - 6 mm ID on it. So the compression tester isn't quite suited for low displacement vehicles :\ but yeah

Once I run it, then once I break it in - should still show an increase.

partsshelf.jpg

My masssssive new parts section ;P

messq.jpg

spew everything all over

cleanxo.jpg

What I am working with.

gaskettrim.jpg

Gaskets were oversized on the transfers. I used a hand file, the first came out bad, the second, came out well.

couldportmatch.jpg

portmatch3.jpg

portmatch2.jpg

I could easily case match that, maybe next time. It would flow so much better

torqueg.jpg

ALMOST DONE!!!

So yeah I started to put everything back on now.

WOw wweee

Up and running, and has low end power.

Put everything back together.

Lowered the needle down to the second richest setting for break in, since I don't got a bigger jet ( riding clean in my top tank targa lx )

I idled it for about 2 minutes, checked for airleaks

then putted around with a few bursts. Its kinda early to be blasting through town, maybe not. Gotta let it cool, retorque everything, then check for airleaks again, then go go go go Banshee!

I'm trying to figure out my low end bog. Since I raised the needle I hope it is that. I suppose moving the needle to the center clip would show me if that is it.

I give it throttle, and immediately it hesitates, then it revs up just fine. I will still check for airleaks ( around the base, head, intakes, carb tops, exhaust )

Also - to get the banshee to Idle, I had to unscrew the adjuster all the way on the thumbthrottle so it would idle. I went from 1.5 turns on the Pilot air circuit to 1 turn, because it was in the 30's to 40's so I wanted it more rich than from the factory, but I really need a bigger jet I suppose.

Well turns out the bog is a carburetor issue I think.

I noticed ( after a stinking long time ) Low end is suffering because the right carb is either getting too much or too little of fuel. There is a nasty low end bog, but once you hit 5k the powerband hits HARD, I accidentally pulled a wheelie today ;P

Above 5k the right side uses its fuel supply, or atleast enough to clean up the plug. If I idle too much or do low speed crusing it fouls out a plug. My other problem could be electrical. I will swap plug wires and see if the problem moves, but I am pretty sure its my Float Valve Seat not closing the fuel up on the right side. Going to order a valve seat, or polish this one up with 'Chrome polish' and a q-tip ( i hear it works well! ) and it will hopefully mate with my new needle.

I still have to figure out plans for finishing the Banshee.

If anyone wishes to help me decide - I have mapped out 3 options for fixing this Banshee and I would like your input~

!!! lmk~

it's backfiring out the right side. It's got sparadic spark on the right side I think. But it doesn't make sense. How does only one side get bad spark?

I tried switching spark plug wires. The right side if I slam it WOT and let off will make a big pop. Compression still 90 now too. I checked today. I was thinking. I suppose I could switch carburetors. Plug off the choke tubes with vaccuum caps and see if it moves to the left.

my wirin is sketchy --but the ignition coil fires both times!? What gives? Right crank seal?

when u check the compression how many times do you kick it ? or do you kick it till it stops rising ....when mine was stock it had 120 left and 122 right but i put a cool head on with 19 cc domes and now i get 150 psi with 4 kicks ....i usually stop there cause i cant run pump gas if its over that lol :)