- New owner - One Cylinder Weak Spark -

KozyHeat

Ordered my parts today.

Ring set, wrist pins & wrist pin bearings, circlips, & a gasket set.

Also replaced the float needles. I noticed one of them liked to leak a little.

BOOM

Brought my cylinder to the shop and they are going to hone it to clean up the rust and bad sealing surface and get it ready for the new rings.

You peepers, share some thoughts   :D

standlr.jpg
This is a good way to store an atv ;P
bumpstop.jpg
My bumpstop crumbled. Do I replace that then?
repairu.jpg
Gonna clean all this up with some sandblast / sanding and paint
ventm.jpg

Where is the other clutch vent beside the one under the water pump? I want to plug this one.

Oah yeah, Im going to shave the torsbox bracket!!!! I am so daring!

rate/comment/subscribe
Edited by KozyHeat

I want to paint the frame but I'm unsure on the paint. I painted a subframe with some Rustoleum semi-gloss black but It shows dust. I suppose I should just go with gray. 

Does anyone recommend a Primer beforehand? there will be some bare-metal but the rest will be a light sanding. Before I shoot it I'll wipe it with mek / mineral / thinner. What about a clear?

I want to paint the frame but I'm unsure on the paint. I painted a subframe with some Rustoleum semi-gloss black but It shows dust. I suppose I should just go with gray. 

Does anyone recommend a Primer beforehand? there will be some bare-metal but the rest will be a light sanding. Before I shoot it I'll wipe it with mek / mineral / thinner. What about a clear?

alot of companys offer a spray can self etching primer, I use it on any bare metal, always.

clear is up to the individual, i see no sense in it if your base color does not require it

It doesn't offer any more protection, it is still just paint. and most spray can company's color is enamel, and clear's are laquer, can wrinkle if not used properly.

I will just replace the valve seats -- forgot about that. I thought I was going to have to get a whole kit for it :) Thanks for the Part # !!! I'll get a few ordered to go with my new needles.

I have heard of using self etching primer when painting over chrome but on bare metal too? Sounds good! Ill spray self etching on any spot I sandblast and on the bottom.

At this point - I am stuck. I want to get the motor up and running - but I also want to fix the chassis. Oah well, looks like I should swap everything back into the frame in prep for the rebuild kit coming monday/tuesday 

here is my parts list so far ONCE I know the motor is good monday...

Carburetor choke

Carburetor needle & seats ( 1UA-14190-28-00 ) Ill use the other new ones in the skidoo rebuild

Front wheel bearing set

7/8 handlebar set with grips & pad

Bushing kit

black Shock Boot kit ( Cover red springs )

I might try PlastiDip on the headlights :P Black color

Gives me a

Blue fenders & White upper Plastics

black shock boot and other accents

silver frame color scheme

A few too many colors but It'll work

Thank you for your response Hoppedupandcutdown - Any input you got throw out - I'm all for doing a complete fix.

Off the top of your head do I need to order

"Needle Valve Assy" 1UA-14190-28-00 - x 2

or

"Needle Valve Assy" 1UA-14190-28-00 - x 1

Quantity shows it as [ 1 ] by default . Usually its set to the amount required, the 'pan head screws' show 4. I'm guessing I need 2 needle valve kits then.

Where is the other clutch vent beside the one under the water pump? I want to plug this one.

The other vent is located at the back of the cases, sort of below the motor mount. There should be a plastic elbow there. That is the only vent you need. Hook a hose on it and run it up to the steering stem hoop and back down a bit.
         Block off the one below the water pump with this. You don't need that vent. Some aftermarket covers don't even have a hole there.