Head rescue and rechamber

sicivicdude

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you machine a cylinder head surface correctly, there is no need to do anything else to the surface area.

I built a flycutter for doing it but it leaves thousands of tiny ridges. The bit moves along under power feed and as it moves forward, it leaves a cut surface behind it. Some people might trust that, but I take it a step further and finish lap it. Are you complaining about another step someone is willing to take to ensure a leak free installation?

$96 for pump gas heads and $116 for big bore and stroker mods from that other place. Sounds about right for the level of effort needed to complete the job and right in line with what I figured. I lumped all of them together in saying $120 no matter the need for modification.

^ hear good things about there heads

What you are looking at is the same thing with less photoshopping :D

need some cores? i got a box full of heads peppered less than that one, and about 6 sets of pd domes also.

Maybe. I have 3 cores right now (none as bad as that one) that I'll be running on but I might take you up on that offer if some people are interested in getting their heads modded.

I just traded for one of your pump gas heads. Havent got to ride it yet. But the work is really clean.U sent it to me in PA a few weeks ago. What all was done to it?

It actually started out as a stock good looking head. I spun it around and polished the hemispherical combustion chambers. I then removed approximately .025" from the squish area to "sharpen" the break area some (keep that charge speed up!) and correct the overal diameter of the combustion chamber (66.5mm OAD was the goal). Once that was done, I fly cut the mating surface down to correct the squish gap and finish lapped it to spec. If everything adds up like it did in my calculator, you should have .049" squish gap and a 21cc head for a cranking compression of 155psi. Let's hope I got it right the first try.... ;)

I was wondering who surfrjag traded that to and if I'd ever hear back a ride report. He sent me those 17cc domes to take a look at too!

Ill definitly let you know how it runs. I was real impressed with how it looked. I had a few friends that were impressed too. Ill definitly tell them to hit ya up.

That was the first one I did and the one I used to make both my jigs for doing the work! One for the chambers, one for the face milling. Not much one for just sending out any old crap either. Like, going the extra mile and lapping the mating surface to make SURE it isn't going to leak. Glad I went the extra mile?

Anyone who might be interested can PM me. I'd be more than happy to discuss anyone's particular needs.

I am not real sure what is "photoshopped" on our page. We have been machining stock Banshee heads to perfection for over 10 years now and don't recall any unhappy customers.

For the record, anyone here can "PM" us as well for head mods. We are not rookies at it.

Brandon

Mull Engineering

I am not real sure what is "photoshopped" on our page. We have been machining stock Banshee heads to perfection for over 10 years now and don't recall any unhappy customers.

For the record, anyone here can "PM" us as well for head mods. We are not rookies at it.

Brandon

Mull Engineering

I really wish we could "Like" posts on here. Like I said before, I had a mull head previously, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm not sure why anyone would pay more for amatuer work when there are professionals who do this stuff every day for less.

Also, having willard vouch for your work is like having ray charles tell you you're beautiful.

Brandon

Mull Engineering

I was referring to the picture with the background cut out of it and the polishing with a nice backlighting. Looks GREAT btw.

Edited by sicivicdude

I really wish we could "Like" posts on here. Like I said before, I had a mull head previously, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm not sure why anyone would pay more for amatuer work when there are professionals who do this stuff every day for less.

Also, having willard vouch for your work is like having ray charles tell you you're beautiful.

Because everyone has to start somewhere. They were amateurs at one point (10 years ago by his own words apparently) and had to overcome the exact same resistance.

I'm sure Willard appreciates your vote of confidence.

Because everyone has to start somewhere. They were amateurs at one point (10 years ago by his own words apparently) and had to overcome the exact same resistance.

I'm sure Willard appreciates your vote of confidence.

I'm sure brandon didn't start by claiming his product was identical to the professionals, though.

Also, if you had any sliver of a clue, or spent any MINISCULE amount of time on or around BHQ, you would know who willard is, and why his opinion means less than the little shreds of toilet paper left on my anus after wiping.