clutch help

bansheebaza

after 3 years of saving a few euro a week i had enough to get my first 2005 banshee happy days till i got home, clutch cable was adjusted to the very last and will roll slowly when engaged. i took clutch out and found all rubber rings where broke and theres a few of them, whats the easy way of noing the plates are fxxked as well and friction plates, o and small bit of coolent spllit in and around the housing have i fucked up, im really unhappy hear please help

Are you talking about the rubber rings on the back of the clutch basket? Coolant in or around the clutch cover should be normal because of the coolant tube sealed by an oring going thru the case and into the cover unless you have other problems.

Are you talking about the rubber rings on the back of the clutch basket? Coolant in or around the clutch cover should be normal because of the coolant tube sealed by an oring going thru the case and into the cover unless you have other problems.

ye theres 5 r 6 of them rubber rings that have snaped, i 4got empty the rad and small bit of coolent driped over the clutch basket i cleaned it up ive dond clutchs b4 and never came across these rubber rings in between steel and friction plates . could it just be my cable is streched to much

those rings are just for sound aftermarket clutchs dont even have them i pulled them out of mine for the reason of they can break. as said when you pull your cover some coolant will spill in unless your oil was a milky grey your alright id get a new clutch throw it in and rip it!

those rings are just for sound aftermarket clutchs dont even have them i pulled them out of mine for the reason of they can break. as said when you pull your cover some coolant will spill in unless your oil was a milky grey your alright id get a new clutch throw it in and rip it!

thank u very much for that info that helped me alot thanks again

You need to buy a Clymer manual. It will go into detail on measuring the thickness of the clutch plates, how to adjust the internal pressure plate adjustment, proper assembly procedures, and the torque specs.

clymer manual on its way thanks for all the help