Buying a new Banshee

eduhat

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said it needs bearings in the rear which he bought already and thats it. He doesnt know what motor work is really done but he got it from an older gentleman who put some type of work in it. Also its a 97 and doesnt have a key, is it possible to wire one up? And im going to buy lights for it how hard would it be to hook them up too?

A key isn't going to stop anyone from stealing it, but if you really want one, it's not that difficult to put one back on it. As far as headlights, if nobody chopped the harness, it's just 2 bolts and plug them in. The stock headlight/kill switch is still there.

Now go buy the thing before somebody else does.

I got the bike!! It runs great and so far nothing wrong with it other than the clutch cable coming out of the little u shaped bracket on the motor case right under the carbs. It looks like the cable could just slip out of it.. Is there supposed to be something over it?

for 1800 i wouldnt expect to pick up a prefect banshee with absolutely no problems.. or even one that is "unmolested",.. i'd say find onw in that range with as much bolt on upgrades you can get. then expect a complete rebuild on it. then if it dosent need much you will be suprised..

i dont really understand why peeps want a bone stocker that "they can build" its easy to change colors on parts and plastic..