making dmc 916's working on pre 89 banshee

tecate3matt

Definitely not CPI. And your rear subframe is definitely bent down. The rear 16" should be almost perfectly straight. This is a CPI. Notice that the 1st seam is a lot farther down the pipe than yours. Also, CPI stingers are not bent tubing. They are made of straight pieces of tubing welded together. And those aren't CPI silencers.

DSC00112.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank everyone for there input and help so far. Considering this is my first banshee build and actully first quad it's been a big help. I've always been a 3 wheeler guy granted our trikes look pretty bad ass lol i had to have a banshee lol

I went back and looked through your posts. I remember when you posted pics of your 3 wheelers. Some of the nicest 3 wheelers I have seen in a long time.

I have no doubt that your Banshee is going to be just as nice. I would try to straighten that subframe before you put it all back together. Anchor the frame down near the footpegs somehow and then use a jack and wood blocks to raise the back of the subframe. You might be able to put a 2 X 12 through the frame and drive a car on the board on each side or something. Get creative. It's no good the way it is. It's a gradual bend that should straighten out nicely. Worst case, it breaks off and then you cut it and weld on a new piece.

I went back and looked through your posts. I remember when you posted pics of your 3 wheelers. Some of the nicest 3 wheelers I have seen in a long time.

I have no doubt that your Banshee is going to be just as nice. I would try to straighten that subframe before you put it all back together. Anchor the frame down near the footpegs somehow and then use a jack and wood blocks to raise the back of the subframe. You might be able to put a 2 X 12 through the frame and drive a car on the board on each side or something. Get creative. It's no good the way it is. It's a gradual bend that should straighten out nicely. Worst case, it breaks off and then you cut it and weld on a new piece.

Thanks dude we've put a lot of work into those bike and i've been wrenching on the banshee a lot lately still have a ways to go plus put some time in on the brothers 250r I'll post some pics of them both " sneak peaks" lol I'll game up and see what i'm going to do with the chassis, debating of switching to A arm ???

Edited by tecate3matt