Clearance

Ron Burgandy

Idk if this is a dumb question but will +2 a arms give me more ground clearance with works shocks? I have stock a arms now with stupid spacers that just expose my damn brake calipers with works triple rate shocks. And when I order +2's and want more clearance should I get a longer shock than what I have?

- now that I've been thinking I would like to have more ground clearance because of my riding terrain so would long travel a arms give me more clearance or just more suspension travel? I'm trying to keep up with the new rzr's and those things soak up anything! I know I won't be able to do that in a banshee but just made me want more ground clearance and obviously more plush suspension

If you want to run proper 'long travel' A-arms then you'll need longer shocks. Like 17-18 inches eye to eye depending on the brand of A-arms you get. If you run +2 A-arms that say they are suitable for stock or aftermarket shocks then you can run your Works triple rates and they should be around stock length. Neither A-arms will give more or less ground clearance, it will depend on shock length, preload and A-arm design. What it will do is allow you remove those wheels spacers and bolt the wheels straight to the hub again. The inside of the wheel will cover the calipers more and protect them better. If you're looking for clearance on the actual A-arm itself look for something with a gull wing design like Alba's. They swoop down on the lower arms and create a little more clearance. They also have an adapter bracket that comes with them which lets you run stock length shocks, or if you upgrade to long travel shocks you can remove the bracket and run them on the outside. Hope this helps.

Longer a-arms with stiffer shocks will increase front ground clearance. If i was on a computer i would post pictures to show you.

But taller tires would work better.

Yeah like I said, it depends on the shock length, preload and A-arm design. I agree, taller tires say 22" or 23" will give more ground clearance where it's needed, at the brake caliper.