Rear play left to right in swing arm/ axle

Ron Burgandy

I have rear play -left to right- in my swing arm or axle... Idk what's normal but it seems in my carrier there some extra play. Not sure if its normal

jack up the bike and isolate if it is the axle or where the swinger bolts to the frame....then buy the appropriate bearings and replace with help from the clymer book

Well I just changed all my bearings maybe a year or two ago with a guy who knows his stuff so I assumed we did it all right so we basically took apart the whole rear end and replaced the bearing. I remember it was a bitch to get out some of the bearings some were burnt to the frame basically. But ya I need to just take it back to my friends house some day and see if its normal or more than normal. It's not much but there's play in it.

I need to tighten that nut I just don't have a big enough wrench to tighten it with so it's as tight as I can get it with duck tape so it won't come loose? Maybe that's my problem?! Bingo? Or did I fuck it up again by riding with it like that for two years?