Alba A-Arms

SpecialEd 05

Hey all. I'm planning to upgrade to +2 arms finally. I like the Alba's because of a couple of reasons. They're gull winged for a bit of extra clearance on the trails and you can run them with either stock length shocks or long travel which I plan on upgrading to in the future. But I've read online and heard here locally of some problems with the bushing material and them wearing out really quickly. I've also heard that the pin which the bushes run on is kinda rough. Has anybody heard of this or experienced the problems? Are they doing running changes to fix any problems? Are you happy with you Alba's? As I'm pretty much doing a full rebuild on the Shee I need to keep the costs down but I don't want any junk either. I'm just looking for good value for money and something that I can improve on later down the track.

I have had mine for a few months and am very happy with them. I check the joints all the time and they don't seem to be loose at all. I think they hold up really good to all the abuse I throw at them too.

Anybody used these? They seem like they're new to the market. Cheap as hell but made in China. Although they look pretty good in the pics, might be worth a try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-A-arms-2-1-yamaha-banshee-YFZ350-YFZ350-350-/280973542389?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item416b5403f5

Anybody used these? They seem like they're new to the market. Cheap as hell but made in China. Although they look pretty good in the pics, might be worth a try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-A-arms-2-1-yamaha-banshee-YFZ350-YFZ350-350-/280973542389?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item416b5403f5

Let us know how they work out next month when the boat gets here.

they will be rusted in two before the boat gets here

They could almost throw them here to where I am. A lot of stuff coming out of China these days. Some crap some ok. Might give them a go and if they're junk off load them here. Would have to be an improvement over stock wouldn't you think?

How about these..

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=159446&view=getnewpost

Replace the joints and get them pc'd for about the same as those Chinese ones

Yeah they look good but I really want to go to long travels eventually. That's why I like the Alba's. But I might be better off getting some dedicated long travel arms like Lone Star and running 450R shocks straight up I suppose. Now I've ripped the Shee down some more, going full frame powder coat now. It wasn't in the original plan but I'll look back and regret not doing it if I don't.

They could almost throw them here to where I am. A lot of stuff coming out of China these days. Some crap some ok. Might give them a go and if they're junk off load them here. Would have to be an improvement over stock wouldn't you think?

china has some of the worst steel ever put out, the crap they produce is not cleaned well and has lots of crap in it. I would just keep my stock stuff.

why would you want to unload that junk on a fellow BHQer?

find some good used ones on here or ebay.

Edited by toytech

china has some of the worst steel ever put out, the crap they produce is not cleaned well and has lots of crap in it. I would just keep my stock stuff.

why would you want to unload that junk on a fellow BHQer?

find some good used ones on here or ebay.

Oh, I don't mean on here (BHQ) I mean locally. LoL.

Sorry, I know some of their material is crap isn't it? Yeah gonna go for something decent. Had my heart set on Alba's but a bit iffy about these dodgy bush materials. Can someone confirm?

Sorry, I know some of their material is crap isn't it? Yeah gonna go for something decent. Had my heart set on Alba's but a bit iffy about these dodgy bush materials. Can someone confirm?

check theese out

Item number:

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

sent you a pm on a used set to.

Toytech,

We did have a problem with our first generation bushings on our arms with wear. We have fixed this problem since, we now have new bushings we machine in house. So you are good to go there.

As for anyone else on here who has our arms already and has our older style bushing, let me know and I will get you out a set asap and replace your old ones at no cost.

Thanks

Toytech,

We did have a problem with our first generation bushings on our arms with wear. We have fixed this problem since, we now have new bushings we machine in house. So you are good to go there.

As for anyone else on here who has our arms already and has our older style bushing, let me know and I will get you out a set asap and replace your old ones at no cost.

Thanks

That's awesome, good to see manufacturers backing their customers with after sales support. I'll definitely be ordering a set when they are back in stock. Which will be 3 weeks?

Toytech,

Thanks

ahh yah ....my bushing are bad too......any chance you can you jus send me a whole new a-arm set up??:rolleyes: lol

Edited by shakar