40mm drag axle in stock carrier

Surfrjag

im trying to see if i can fit the drag axle into my stock carrier for the last race of the season before i do a complete drag frame. i was told i can use the 04 yfz 450 bearings but i was curioius if the spacer on it was the same as well. this is what i was thinking. http://www.ebay.com/itm/LONESTAR-TWIN-ROW-BEARING-CARRIER-REBUILD-KIT-YAMAHA-YFZ450-03-04-/270886356328?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1215c568&vxp=mtr

thanks for any help..

That link you posted is double row bearings. Not even close to working. Stock bearings are single row. What you want to do is possible, but to do it right, it's too much work for 1 race. You would need to take very precise measurements and make a spacer tube and outer bearing race spacer rings in a lathe. The problem is that 62 X 40 bearings are narrower than 62 X 35 bearings, so you need a wider space between the bearings for the sprocket and brake disc to line up properly. You can probably half ass it with a piece of water pipe and a hack saw, but things could come apart or fail and destroy other parts or cause a crash.