250r or banshee?

Ide hold onto that built Banshee and get a GPR or Elka Steering Sabilizer and a LSR Antivibe stem. Fasst Flexx Bars will take arm pump from a 10 to a 3.

That +4 swingarm is killing your handeling as far as MX or Woods riding goes. I Dont know what kind of numbers your putting out but a stock or even a -1 swingarm would be the way to go.

Ask your builder what he thinks of putting a stock swingarm back on and he will tell you if you have too much power or not.

If not put a few more dollars in the handeling dept and Race a few races on the Banshee.

Also As you know added Compression wakes up a Banshee motor to a roar just with a NOSS Head smaller domes and a timing advance pays off in gold. 17cc domes and +7 timing advance on VP110 Octane and Lookout.

13/41 Gearing helps alot with lowend and Tire size and model play Massive roles to being fast to faster as well.

If its killing you after all of that Then it would be wise to get the R.

A ESR 310-330 and up built 250R Is no joke. They will smoke any Piped very mildly ported ported Banshee in a straight line. Still the Banshee is the funnest Powerband Ive ever riden.

TRX250Rs will always be ready avaible the price is pretty much set on them. You have a great Banshee I would swap for a week or keep the shee thats my oppion.

sorry bout the sloppy post

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a stock swingarm. It's a +4 axle. Also, my stock head is cut, forgot to mention that. I like the idea of keeping the banshee but I can always come back if the R isn't my thing. I just put her on Craigslist, hopefully no one buys it.. Lol jk hopefully they do, maybe someone else can enjoy making her scream as much as I did. Still would like some more 250r info. Anyone on here know much about them? I have worked on a lot of them but never messed with aftermarket cylinders and stuff like that on them. I really plan on finding one with all the suspension mods already done so I can focus on making it crazy like the shee. I'll post the Craigslist link, I'm located in northern wi if anyone on here is interested.

id honestly think a 250r are better than banshees, chassis wise that is.

ive been owned a 250r tecate and a 340 sprock motor and still wanted more, power wise(they are both pv motor). note im only talking engine here not chassis. the zilla engine is a beast but i think the chassis maybe below banshees but not lower than tecates.

if u do plan on going to a hybrid, u got alot of good options. id say go with a new yfz chassis

new yfz frame

T2eC16VHJFoE9nh6oVuBQUPjuEiFQ60_57.jpg

kfx 450 frame

T2eC16NcE9s4PsSVGBQI-cGFzs60_12.jpg

both of these frame geometry has basically been copied from aftermarket frame companies. its also nice to have a aluminum frame.

so unless u wanna dump a bunch of money into a building a 250r consider some sort of 450/banshee hybrid because these new 4 stroke chassis are pretty nice!

There are a TON of options out there if you want to do an R' up right. CP is making serveral designs for the R. Sphinx, Puma, Saber, ESR, Pro X, LRD, BDT, they all support the R still. It costs a lil' more to build HP with an R in my experience but the handles are sweet for sure. Stock frames are fine if you find a good one and balance the crank with a Pumashine gusset kit. I built a BDT stock cyl, a McCoy Pro X 310, ESR 370, and a CP 431 Puma and they were all big fun. The 310 was the best all around bike I've ever been on. Take a look at some of the quads of the month on r-central, sweet machines. My link If you've never had one, you should buy one. The Banshee is awesome but comparing the R and Shee is like apples to oranges. They both kick ass in their own way.

My lil' 310 made 54HP and good TQ:

Stock Cyl 86 with 88 plastics:

Blackwheels.jpg

c745862a.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

Keaganmomjumpfarm013.jpg

84267f04.jpg

370build006.jpg

Puma

Puma431013.jpg

Pumacompleted009.jpg

I will just see how it all goes. Maybe do a 450/shee later. Just trying all my options. I know for a fact I love the feel of a 250r though. Who are some good options for porting an R? I would guess the site sponsors would do them too?

I will just see how it all goes. Maybe do a 450/shee later. Just trying all my options. I know for a fact I love the feel of a 250r though. Who are some good options for porting an R? I would guess the site sponsors would do them too?

I would join r-central and atvriders if you want more in depth 250r info. You could just bolt on a Sphynx jug with a custom race gas dome and a good pipe and have a hard hitting machine with no porting. Otherwise with a puma or ANY aftermarket jug bigger than a 330 will require case boring, crank balancing, and trans upgrading if you want to do it right. Here is what CP offers for the R: My link

These guys will build a killer R' motor:

C-Leigh (Neil) My link

L.E.D. (Arlan) My link

Titan

BDT

And I'm sure all the site sponsors here would do a fine job as well.

No I'm not asking who will win a race. Lmao. I'm thinking about switching it up a little and getting rid of the banshee for an R. I would like having both but at the moment it's not possible. Thoughts and options? Maybe someone can talk me out of it or give me someway to think about it. I've worked on a lot of R's and find them a blast to ride and love the handling. They feel perfect. I love screaming with the banshee though too. But on the other hand I do like the bottom end torque of the R's. What's everyone think?

Jordon

easy fix stop screwing around and just by my LSR outlaw.. 421 stocker cylinder with 55ftlbs of tq, 80 hp, and uses modified 250r chassis geometry. and dosent look like a crappy conversion either. have the banshee power, tq of a big bore motor, and handling + of a 250r.

done