which shocks to go with!?

gangstahic

the shee has +3 arms on it dont know which brand but anyways im looking to get an aftermarket shock setup. i ride a variety of terrain in jersey, mostly sand but lots of dirt/sand trials. I ride in a local pit that is always changing due to sand pumping so u get alot of sand tracks from machines. I do like jumping mainly step ups not to many big hits but i have noticed a problem with bottoming out (on step ups). Ive had my eye on the elkas stage 2r's, the fox float evol and if im spending that much $ i may as well consider the stage 4 elkas. lemme know what u guys think! 'preciate it.

If you aren't a serious MXer you will never notice the difference between Stage 4 Elkas and Axis.

After riding for a year now on my Stage 5 Elkas on the Hybrid, I can safely say they're a better shock than the Stage 2 Elkas on my Banshee. Then again, I ride the same hills over and over and have something to base that on.

I have Fox Float Evols sitting in a box for my new build and a Fox Podium for the rear. I bet I will like them a lot.

I would give BVC Racing a call and talk to Bill. See what kind of packages or deals he has going on.

If you aren't a serious MXer you will never notice the difference between Stage 4 Elkas and Axis.

After riding for a year now on my Stage 5 Elkas on the Hybrid, I can safely say they're a better shock than the Stage 2 Elkas on my Banshee. Then again, I ride the same hills over and over and have something to base that on.

I have Fox Float Evols sitting in a box for my new build and a Fox Podium for the rear. I bet I will like them a lot.

I would give BVC Racing a call and talk to Bill. See what kind of packages or deals he has going on.

Ill def give BVC a call when im ready. I just want suspension that rides like a caddy over rough terrain and can absorb big hits without bottoming out. The evol floats r jus so sexy idk if i can pass them up

I use the Evols on my black mountain goat. Never had a problem yet. Rip around on shit from trails, fast logging roads, rocky, light mud type stuff held up fine. Nice and light, Million diff adjs and settings, simple to set up perfect quick...cant go wrong with any of the said above though.

gallery_19938_1964_1041747.jpg

Or just get the stage 100000000 Elkas....

Factory-Shocks2.jpg

Factory1.jpg

Just don't go with what you think "looks cool". I mean some guys will say. "Im getting elkas because they are anodized red and look cool" lol Not saying they are shitty at all but if the outside has dog shit and junk piled on it but the internals and springs are good...then they are usually good just like other "good brands"... don't go by looks is all im saying. Just like those Chinese Ebay el-cheapos all anodized gold, red and blue what ever...look sorta cool but are straight up junk, nomesayin? But some people think they are a good shock cause they don't know any better, but they "look cool" right...few threads about that on here lol1.gif

Just save up to get what you want or can afford. Tons of deals around.

Carry on.