duneable override 1-4

That os definately NOT a duneable. Duneables will have 3 springs. There needs to be a spring as stated between the case on the clutch side nearest the shift star. The spring you have appears like it is bigger/longer than the one that is usually there but maybe it is just the pic.

It wouldnt be a duneable so make sure you pull the clutch in and roll to a stop, then downshift one gear at a time and just make sure to let the clutch out a little as you click into each gear so as to have the trans fully engage in each lower gear before you downshift into the next lower gear. Never do like we do on a stock bike and just sorta stomp the shifter down and downshift 3 or 4 gears without letting out the clutch a little to fully engage each gear.

that sounds horrible. Why would you want that??

So if your going up a dune and lose power and need to down shift you can't??

that sounds horrible. Why would you want that??

So if your going up a dune and lose power and need to down shift you can't??

HaHa! A good running banshee doesn't need to down-shift on the hill, we grab gears all the way to the top! "Lose power" <-- what's that!?! Usually if you are to the point where you are stepping up to an override you're not going to be concerned with losing power or down-shifting going up a dune. LOL

-Jared

HaHa! A good running banshee doesn't need to down-shift on the hill, we grab gears all the way to the top! "Lose power" <-- what's that!?! Usually if you are to the point where you are stepping up to an override you're not going to be concerned with losing power or down-shifting going up a dune. LOL

-Jared

Well played. Got me there.

But really, I've asked about this a few times. I can't understand how that is beneficial. I've heard it's not that bad, but then this guy says come to a complete stop and make sure every gear engages.

That os definately NOT a duneable. Duneables will have 3 springs. There needs to be a spring as stated between the case on the clutch side nearest the shift star. The spring you have appears like it is bigger/longer than the one that is usually there but maybe it is just the pic.

It wouldnt be a duneable so make sure you pull the clutch in and roll to a stop, then downshift one gear at a time and just make sure to let the clutch out a little as you click into each gear so as to have the trans fully engage in each lower gear before you downshift into the next lower gear. Never do like we do on a stock bike and just sorta stomp the shifter down and downshift 3 or 4 gears without letting out the clutch a little to fully engage each gear.

that's good , can we pull the clutch and downshift 6-5 ?

i stomp my 1-5's down all the time.. at the end i just rock em on down to 1st.. roll on up to the line again..

if it needs a spring to hold first out its a n std position i'd think...

you will trash a duneable almost as fast as a std trans... they are a lil better better for downshifting at LOWER rpm's

i stomp my 1-5's down all the time.. at the end i just rock em on down to 1st.. roll on up to the line again..

if it needs a spring to hold first out its a n std position i'd think...

you will trash a duneable almost as fast as a std trans... they are a lil better better for downshifting at LOWER rpm's

I've always done the same thing. End of the run, stop, run back down through all the gears, then take off again.