duneable override 1-4

hi guys, i bought used duneable override 1-4 automatic pull 5&6 that come with only one spring !, can somebody help me where to install the spring, i will appreciate the help.

Edited by banshee9090

are you sure thats not 2 springs stacked together?

ask the guy you bought it from where it goes. i'm pretty sure they go inbetween the shift forks one on case side, close to clutch. other inbetween the 2 in the the middle.

are you sure thats not 2 springs stacked together?

ask the guy you bought it from where it goes. i'm pretty sure they go inbetween the shift forks one on case side, close to clutch. other inbetween the 2 in the the middle.

i'm pretty sure only one springs not 2 springs stacked together,i have asked him , i'm waiting for his response, thanks man about the information.

according to the guy spring goes on the side that has one shift fork, transmission is a 1-4 automatic pull 5&6, WITH THE AUTOMATIC YOU DON'T HAVE TO BACK OUT OF THE GAS OR PULL THE CLUTCH TO SHIFT GEARS. JUST REMEMBER THOUGH WHEN DOWN SHIFTING YOU MUST HOLD THE CLUTCH AND COME TO A COMPLETE STOP!

Based on the size of the spring in his picture, it wouldnt do any good on the rod with 1 fork. The rod with the single fork is for 5th and 6th gear, both of which are clutched gears and the drum on a 1-4 is not modified for 5th or 6th gear, so there is no need for the spring on that shift fork rod.

The spring goes between the clutch side of the case and the 1st fork on the shift rod with two forks. It is to keep the pinion gear from trying to re-engage with the 1sr wheel gear. Put it where it goes or you are just going to trash a set of forks or bust a gear.

Jared

Based on the size of the spring in his picture, it wouldnt do any good on the rod with 1 fork. The rod with the single fork is for 5th and 6th gear, both of which are clutched gears and the drum on a 1-4 is not modified for 5th or 6th gear, so there is no need for the spring on that shift fork rod.

The spring goes between the clutch side of the case and the 1st fork on the shift rod with two forks. It is to keep the pinion gear from trying to re-engage with the 1sr wheel gear. Put it where it goes or you are just going to trash a set of forks or bust a gear.

Jared

correct the spring is too short for fork shaft with only one fork, looks like the buyer know nothing about the trans, i would like your recommendation it is makes sense, thanks for Accuracy Note.

Edited by banshee9090

That os definately NOT a duneable. Duneables will have 3 springs. There needs to be a spring as stated between the case on the clutch side nearest the shift star. The spring you have appears like it is bigger/longer than the one that is usually there but maybe it is just the pic.

It wouldnt be a duneable so make sure you pull the clutch in and roll to a stop, then downshift one gear at a time and just make sure to let the clutch out a little as you click into each gear so as to have the trans fully engage in each lower gear before you downshift into the next lower gear. Never do like we do on a stock bike and just sorta stomp the shifter down and downshift 3 or 4 gears without letting out the clutch a little to fully engage each gear.