Axle thread?

TORKER

Hi there guys. I've had this new axle for a long time, moving it around from time to time. Now that I need it, it turns out the threads are diffenrent that the bent axle I have.

Everything fits fine, except there are fine threads for the locking nuts instead. If stock is 1.50 these are 1.25. I dont know the brand, it came with some other parts some time ago. Are there different types of threads on banshees? Please, don't flame me if the answer is known to most of you. I did NOT find the answer by searching the forums, which is very rare. And what I've found online is that banshee axle locking nuts have the same part #.

So, I turn to you guys. Maybe someone with the experience can steer me in the right direction? Whare can I find a gine thread axle locking nuts?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

TORKER.

Edited by TORKER

Here are some pics. I know it's dirty, been sitting for a while, but it's brand new.

Hopefully someone will be able to tell me what axle nuts I need. I'll apreciate if you guys DO NOT guess.

2aiejoo.jpg

2zp58ww.jpg

Given the knowledge found on this forum, I'm sure somebody will come forward.

Please, help.

Thanks,

TORKER.

If you go to the bottom of this thread you will see that 1 guy says a Raptor axle has a different thread pitch.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20231

Also, on your pics, the threads and splines look rolled. I doubt any of the aftermarket companies have the equipment to roll threads and splines. They're probably all cut with a lathe and a milling machine, so it's probable that yours is an OEM axle out of something.

Edited by Starwriter