Couple Questions From A New Banshee Owner

Yea so i just got a banshee and have a few questions the carbs are still of whack i need to get a carb sync and jet kit but as of now it starts really easy, wont idle, smokes a good bit and wont clear up unless your running around full throttle, full throttle runs decent though, also harder to start with airbox lid off but it smokes less when its off, Still have no idea what is going on internal, ill get to that soon...i think it has an L.A. sleeve in it going by the stickers and maybe wiseco pistons, all the other stickers on the bike i can literally find that part so :confused: but no idea if, ported, milled head, bore size, if stroked, if it has stock reeds yet. Ok first one is this boyessen reeds or something going on here? not sure if you can tell by looking at it like this 2012-08-02_01-21-29_42.jpg Has anyone heard of this company and i assume it means it was rebuilt? hell i dont even know if its factory 2012-08-02_01-20-31_728.jpg Toomey tr-6 pipes should there be springs on those bottom tabs? 2012-08-01_21-03-31_517.jpg Wtf is this about? TORS? 2012-08-01_20-59-24_272.jpg What brand TORS removal kit is that? Mod quad or Moose? No idea 2012-08-01_14-24-15_67.jpg This a decent airbox setup or is this not enough for it to inhale? 2012-08-01_14-35-20_857.jpg And will this dent on the bottom on the head pipe cause any real problem? 2012-08-01_21-01-26_10.jpg2012-08-01_20-59-48_883.jpg

Sorry for so many questions this is my first banshee i just want to get some things clear but damn so fun its great and it doesnt even run right and i still love it, thanks guys :headbang:

Could you post what jetting you have and elevation.

A leakdown kit is cheap insurance and a compression test would help too. Mod quad tors delete. The red jumpers are not useful. Be sure to remove the tors brain box. The dent is 50/50. Some people pressurize the exhaust with air and use a torch to pop the dent out. Cause any real problem no Your air filter is 50/50. Yes a spring is missing. Btw go job posting pics. Most run a billet ovel shaped k&n with outters if water or mud is going to happen if you are dunes only maybe no box and or pods on carbs. Welcome to bhq. If you are in so cal show your quad to Herr jugs racing and Kevin can help you out with tuning and ect

Could you post what jetting you have and elevation.

A leakdown kit is cheap insurance and a compression test would help too. Mod quad tors delete. The red jumpers are not useful. Be sure to remove the tors brain box. The dent is 50/50. Some people pressurize the exhaust with air and use a torch to pop the dent out. Cause any real problem no Your air filter is 50/50. Yes a spring is missing. Btw go job posting pics. Most run a billet ovel shaped k&n with outters if water or mud is going to happen if you are dunes only maybe no box and or pods on carbs. Welcome to bhq. If you are in so cal show your quad to Herr jugs racing and Kevin can help you out with tuning and ect

Yea im definitely going to be getting into it with comp check and such i havent taken the carbs apart yet i still need to gather a few things before i do, my elevation is about 300-500 Ft, and ill look into the dent ill run that by my dad since he is very good with metal work, and i ride XC terrain so i cant do pods i like having the box to keep water and mud from splashing upward and that filter is a good Twinair but its just small, so i guess it would be better off with one big K&N with outerwear? And i figured the srpings were missing i didnt really look at where there supposed to attach either and knowing my luck i have to order them from toomey or some shit so there the correct tension? Im all the way out east but thanks for your help haha after i put the pics up i said holy shit those pics are clear its just from a 2 year old motorola android phone.

Shit i forgot to ask im running yamalube 32:1 right now but im gonna go get some Caster 927, for my elevation (300-500) and mods is 32:1 sound about right or should it be 40:1 or something? i mean it loads up and smokes quite a bit but the carbs are also still pooped, thanks.

Cut those two tabs with the rubber off for the stock exhaust. They normally cause that dent.

Depending on where you ride (conditions) the UNI filter is good. But a kn filter with outerwears is a little better for air flow.

With pipes and no air lid 27.5 pilots will work a little better.

eBay EMPI carb Sync. It's a 30$ carb sync tool and works perfectly.

Best of luck.

Adam

ok thanks ill look into that and the EMPI ones are pricey im kinda looking at this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Carburetor-Synchronizer-Measures-1-30-KG-H-43-5712-0-/150832415803?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231e50043b&vxp=mtr there isnt really a bad brand of these are there? they seem all similar.

ok thanks ill look into that and the EMPI ones are pricey im kinda looking at this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Carburetor-Synchronizer-Measures-1-30-KG-H-43-5712-0-/150832415803?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231e50043b&vxp=mtr there isnt really a bad brand of these are there? they seem all similar.

Yup, that's the one!

Adam

Can anyone tell from the first pic if thats stock reeds? yea i just ordered the carb sync tool so ill be happy when that comes in, i also found some weird ass hole inn the cases like right under the left carb no idea wth thats about...557894_327154117378582_114801812_n.jpg552689_327154170711910_1099032309_n.jpg479939_327154044045256_1744723114_n.jpg

Edited by ATVRidinManiac