wont idle

I found a few threads on this but they all had 2 carbs. I have a trinity 2into1 setup with a 33mm pwk. Pilot jet is a 52 and not sure of main but it is on the third clip. Also I was told it was bore'd to a 400cc. It also has fmf fatties with power core 2's and vforce2 reeds (just replaced). no air box just a k&n. Elevation is around 100ft. So It will go if I keep on the gas but it won't hold a idle. It also feels like its bogging at low rpm and then all of a sudden gets full power as rpms raise. Not sure what I should set my idle and fuel screws to. Not even sure what I good starting point would be. And I'm not sure if its even jetted correctly. Any help would be awsome thanks

Any idea on ball park jetting?

I'm at the same elevation as you, I run a 50 pilot and a 190 main. second clip position from top on a DEK needle. My air screw is a turn and 1/4 out. Was this thing running/idling ok before?

I got a deal on it. Ran but had a high idle. Found a broken reed after I replaced it. Is doesn't go wide open like it dud but know it just won't idle.

Almost sounds like you have reed gaskets leaking. Did you replace those when you changed the reeds?

Let me explain a little bit better. When I got the bike once you started it it would idle good for about 5 seconds then go to wide open without touching the throttle. That ended up being caused by a broken reed pedal. So I replaced them. Once that was done i started it and it won't stay idling. But it doesn't sky rocket the rpms anymore so that fixed that problem. Now it just won't idle and bogs a little at low rpm if I drive it around. It also smokes a lot more than it should I think when its in neutral and giving it gas to stay running. So I am thinking the pilot jet is to big. Sound about right? also is your air and fuel screw out 1 1/4 or just the air screw.

Let me explain a little bit better. When I got the bike once you started it it would idle good for about 5 seconds then go to wide open without touching the throttle. That ended up being caused by a broken reed pedal. So I replaced them. Once that was done i started it and it won't stay idling. But it doesn't sky rocket the rpms anymore so that fixed that problem. Now it just won't idle and bogs a little at low rpm if I drive it around. It also smokes a lot more than it should I think when its in neutral and giving it gas to stay running. So I am thinking the pilot jet is to big. Sound about right? also is your air and fuel screw out 1 1/4 or just the air screw.

Ah ok, I see. So you fixed one problem but now it won't idle. Maybe someone turned down the idle thinking it would help (when it had a broken reed). As for the air screw, I'm pretty sure the other screw you see is for the idle. I don't recall seeing a 'fuel' screw on a 2 stroke carburetor, but I could be mistaken. The lower adjusting screw by the flange on the carburetor that the air cleaner attaches to should be the air screw, and yes mine is around 1 1/4 turns out.

Ok I didn't know it didn't have a fuel screw. This is my first 2 stroke. And yes ill do a leak down next. BTW I looked today and my spark plugs are black and oily. And I might be a little paranoid but the oil on my dipstick looked watery. The leak down should also tell me if my head gasket is blown right? Should I do a compression test as well?