Need Help Compiling Fcr Carb Info

ghott

I'm trying to create a tech article for my web site on FCR carburetors. I'm looking to create a large table that everyone can look at to see which bike/ATV and what year came with what size FCR carburetor.

For example, you could look up what year CRF(2002-?) and what size CRF (150, 250, 450, etc.) came with what size FCR carburetor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to specify something like:

(not sure if these are correct, just guesses)

2002-2005 Honda CRF450R/X - 40mm

2006-2007 Honda CRF450R/X - 41mm

2003-2004 Honda CRF250R - 37mm

Again, any help in compiling a comprehensive list would be great. If you know of any other dirt bikes or ATV's that came with an FCR carburetor as OEM hard ware...please post that up as well...Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki, Honda, etc...any ATV or dirt bike.

...I'm going to try and post this topic on several dirt bike and ATV forums to try and compile a good list.

I'm looking for pretty much every manufacturer, every year, and every model that came with a side draft/horizontal sytle FCR (not down draft styles).

Thanks for any help!

Whats the advantage of an fcr?

Flat slide carburetor with an accelerator pump. They are not really used on Banshee's but just about every 450 bike or atv uses a Keihin FCR.

He is just posting info on a bunch of ATV web sites to try to get a big data base going.

There are some guys who do setup FCR's for a 2 stroke. I have seen a few pics from "The Two Stroke Shop" setup to run a pair of dual FCR's on a Banshee motor.

I see. I never really thought about that. How come accelerator pumps don't work on 2strokes? I don't really know the ins and outs of all the different carbs. I know how to jet, and clean them, and the basics. But I couldn't tell the difference between a pj, pwk, etc... What about the carbs that have butterfly, then a slide with a diaphragm and aping attatched?

if you do some current research you will see that the 2 stroke shop got all sideways with their project and the owner and engineer split ways. The owner talks in detail about how several of the ideas the engineer had been pushing turned out to be total bullshit. The 90 degree phased cranks and the FCR carbs were 2 of the biggest mistakes. He said it was a total cluster fuck and they never got the FCR to run right on the bike. So i would say, yeah, you arent going to get any valuable data on FCR from a 2 stroke website. We will all stick to what works like PwK an mikunis

I was wondering why that info went away. I never really got the whole 90 deg thing. I would think it would make for some serious vibrations.

I would also think the small passages of an FCR carbs accelerator pump would plug up rather easly when using a caster oil.

No! The carbs are only minor, the 1000 unusable cranks are fucking nuts! The real kicker is the 400+ cheetah cylinders that Wayne had machined without testing out one before finding out the design needed tweaking.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51542

I have followed this situation closely on the RZ/RD forums for a while now. It was known what was happening and Stephan kept quite and just kept writing the checks. Finally he realized enough was enough. It's a shame. Because a refined cheetah could be bitching on a gp track or my frozen oval ice banshee.