Need help with clutch/ kickstart

It amazes me that so many knowledgeable people on here don't know that the arrow on the pressure plate is supposed to line up with the dimple on the inner hub. The basket has nothing to do with the alignment.

Also, you did the inside clutch adjustment wrong. When the adjustment is correct, when you push the lever on top of the case with light pressure, it should line up with the arrow on top of the case.

Edited by Starwriter

n you will not be able to move the fibers & steel at all when the pressure plate is installed correctly. That's is what you did wrong, follow the instruction i gave you before & your tranny should work fine from there. Your welcome :cheers:

I got the pressure plate installed correctly now. It was definitely an issue, but there is apparaently more problems. The plates and fibers are in there solid and the clutch lever feels right now. I got it into gear and it wouldn't roll, pulled in the clutch and it rolled, let go of the clutch and it still rolled and it wouldn't grab another gear. Clutch still looks and feels good. I'm still not sure about the kickstart... think somethings not right with it, I got it in there and all lined up but when i move it, it doesn't seem to want to move the gear that it conects with (not sure what its called, its behind the clutch basket gear). Not sure if these problems are related. Thanks for any help

It amazes me that so many knowledgeable people on here don't know that the arrow on the pressure plate is supposed to line up with the dimple on the inner hub. The basket has nothing to do with the alignment.

Also, you did the inside clutch adjustment wrong. When the adjustment is correct, when you push the lever on top of the case with light pressure, it should line up with the arrow on top of the case.

fuck that arrow. I've never used that.

I got the pressure plate installed correctly now. It was definitely an issue, but there is apparaently more problems. The plates and fibers are in there solid and the clutch lever feels right now. I got it into gear and it wouldn't roll, pulled in the clutch and it rolled, let go of the clutch and it still rolled and it wouldn't grab another gear. Clutch still looks and feels good. I'm still not sure about the kickstart... think somethings not right with it, I got it in there and all lined up but when i move it, it doesn't seem to want to move the gear that it conects with (not sure what its called, its behind the clutch basket gear). Not sure if these problems are related. Thanks for any help

the idler gear. It's heard to check with the cover off.