Another Rookie

Whats up guys? My name is kenny I live right outside of Chicago. Im looking to buy my first 2 stroke banshee. Ive been looking around for one but I havent pulled the trigger because I dont know what to look for in these banshees. Do you guys have any suggestions? Plus about 90% of the ones for sale say all they have is a bill of sale how can I find out if they are clean and clear? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

In cali I have a DMV phone number I can call and ask questions.

Or just get the vin # and check with them for fees and if it is stolen.

Its going to be cheaper in the long run if you find a bike with good pipes ( CPI or shearer ). And good suspenison ( with ball joints and shocks brand name works or pep or elka or fox )

And the motor needs to have compression 125 psi or better and sound good. Getting the motor check by a pro is a great idea. This bike on Craig's should be around 2200-3200 with current title and tags. If you buy all this separate the suspension startes at 1200 and pipes 650. Their is sooooook much more but this is the basics. If you see some, post the pics ( so we can input) with photo bucket by pasting the img code only. Very simple by phone or CPU And welcome to banshee hq

In cali I have a DMV phone number I can call and ask questions.

Or just get the vin # and check with them for fees and if it is stolen.

Its going to be cheaper in the long run if you find a bike with good pipes ( CPI or shearer ). And good suspenison ( with ball joints and shocks brand name works or pep or elka or fox )

And the motor needs to have compression 125 psi or better and sound good. Getting the motor check by a pro is a great idea. This bike on Craig's should be around 2200-3200 with current title and tags. If you buy all this separate the suspension startes at 1200 and pipes 650. Their is sooooook much more but this is the basics. If you see some, post the pics ( so we can input) with photo bucket by pasting the img code only. Very simple by phone or CPU And welcome to banshee hq

[/quote

Thank you I really appreciate the info. Im really paranoid about getting screwed. My main concerns are the tiltle and the engine. Most of the ones for sale on craigslist are bored but I think a stock engine would be best. What do you think?

for sale 1999 yamaha banshee,350 twin two stroke..Excelent condition,plastics have scratches on them .starts first kick everytime.Adjustable timing plate set at 4 degrees,new stator,lightweight flywheel,dirt digger kevlar clutch kit,tores eliminator kit,total rebuild and jetting on the carbs,pro circuit stainless exhaust kit,k&n filter with sock,V force 3 reeds,new spark plugs,only had it out twice this year due to back problems.i have a extra set of rear wheels and tires,bought last year still look new,never been crashed hard,nothing bent or broken.adult owned and ridden.also throw in oakley goggles and a helmit. 1800 or best. must be close to the 1800 ,thats what i have put into it in the past year in upgrades rides perfect ,and it is wicked fast,not for the beginner rider or kids i have lots of pics i can send to your phone if you wanna see it also has boost bottle.and some spare parts,

What do you guys think about this one?

Edited by kenny007

for sale 1999 yamaha banshee,350 twin two stroke..Excelent condition,plastics have scratches on them .starts first kick everytime.Adjustable timing plate set at 4 degrees,new stator,lightweight flywheel,dirt digger kevlar clutch kit,tores eliminator kit,total rebuild and jetting on the carbs,pro circuit stainless exhaust kit,k&n filter with sock,V force 3 reeds,new spark plugs,only had it out twice this year due to back problems.i have a extra set of rear wheels and tires,bought last year still look new,never been crashed hard,nothing bent or broken.adult owned and ridden.also throw in oakley goggles and a helmit. 1800 or best. must be close to the 1800 ,thats what i have put into it in the past year in upgrades rides perfect ,and it is wicked fast,not for the beginner rider or kids i have lots of pics i can send to your phone if you wanna see it also has boost bottle.and some spare parts,

What do you guys think about this one?

That's a good deal. Here's the link to the ad.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/mcy/3117087142.html

You could get a better deal by spending more money on something with a lot more aftermarket goodies, but for a low budget Banshee, that's a good deal. Most Banshees $2,000 or less are totally whipped out and almost completely stock.

Hey rookie. Go clean our bikes. Initiation time!!.

On a serious note. Buy a bike from our for sale section. There are some amazing machines in there. If i had a chance i would buy BigRed's bike. It is a INSANE machine for a fraction of the cost it would cost to build. He will probably even convert it to pump gas for ya. Welcome to our siickness kid. Ride on..

Here's a the link. This is from a honest/dedicated member. He builds only the best machines. And just for the record. This bike is serious. Might not be the best step for a beginner. But hell scaring the shit out of yourself is what all of this is about

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156420&pid=1364374&st=0entry1364374

I'm a speed freak I beat on my croch rocket all the time. I'm gonna check out the link. I am trying to stay on a low budget but if I can get a bigger bang for my buck I might have to make an exception.

Like I mentioned, that one is a good deal for a low budget one. If you want a better deal, look around for something in the $2500- $3,000 range with about $5,000 worth of aftermarket goodies. They're out there. You just have to look for them. There's a lot better deals out there around October- December.

Yea no. On that craigs list shit. You will buy a shee. You will look at this site and egay for upgrades here and there. By the time ur done and have the bike where u want it. U could of had one built already. Spend a lil coin in the beginning to save u some in the long run.