Let the Banshee build begin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are your plans for functional changes?

I have new front and rear axle bearings and seals. Swing arm bearings and seals, front a-arm bushings, and sprockets to replace.

Since I took the rear axle apart and was waiting on parts, I just went from there and started cleaning and touching up stuff.

I'm not a fan of the yamaha blue as i've had too many quads that color in the past. While i'm doing these maintenance repairs, it's a good time to get the stuff done.

I plan on keeping the motor, carbs, and exhaust stock until it's time to replace/upgrade.

Edited by Tommilicious

Thanks Dave.

I've had really good success with Krylon Fusion for plastics and Rust Oleum brands for metal/aluminum. Can't wait to see it all together. The quad was needing some TLC when I picked it up 2 weeks ago.

At the end of the day it's still just an atv that will get ridden. Scratches and marks are no biggie. Fun to wrench on in the mean time.

lookin good but you can get a set of fatty w' silencers for short money .it will be worth it ....big, big diff from the stock junk. also you can mod your stock timin plate to +4 & pop your air box cover off to get a few more pony's goodluck... :headbang: ...ah and if you do change pipes make sure you jet acordinly...

I'm all for banshees but you must be a die hard 2 stroker person to sell a 4 stroke for a banshee and set it up for trails.

I'm surprised no one recommended the 2 in 1 intake.

Edited by RagunCajun

Update: Front plastics finished. Front end dis-assembled, and few other misc things cleaned, painted, replaced. Changed the trans/clutch oil out and put in some fresh Super tech ATF Type F. Thanks for all the advice guys. I really enjoyed driving a stock banshee in the past for trail riding. It just felt right and it was fun to kick out the rear end on demand. I love the sound, look, and ease of working on the banshee vs the 4-strokes. The banshees are a-lot cheaper too from what I've found. I may end up picking up some used pipes and jetting the quad. We will see. Want to get some seat time on the current set up first though. This week i'll be changing out radiator, stator cover, re-doing the a-arms, repainting, doing the front wheels, painting the frame, and hopefully starting the process of putting it back together :D

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4071.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

Spent the morning taking off the gas tank, draining, and cleaning outside plastics. Also flushed & removed the radiator. Picked up one in our for sale section here. Case saver came in the mail too.

I'm thinking about picking up one of those motorcycle/atv lifts from Sears. Anyone have feedback on how they work with the banshee? Don't really like my jack stands and jack set up. haha

securedownload-11.jpg

Edited by Tommilicious

Spent the morning taking off the gas tank, draining, and cleaning outside plastics. Also flushed & removed the radiator. Picked up one in our for sale section here. Case saver came in the mail too.

I'm thinking about picking up one of those motorcycle/atv lifts from Sears. Anyone have feedback on how they work with the banshee? Don't really like my jack stands and jack set up. haha

securedownload-11.jpg

Save the money for the lift and use it on pipes, timing plate, a couple jets, and a filter. Far better investment.

Build is coming along very nice. Diggin' the black wheels. I have to say that I'm impressed with how your painted plastics came out. Glad to see a 4 stroke sold to get a Banshee!

Haha thanks dude. Yeah I put a few coats of clear coat over the krylon fusion satin white paint. Interested to see how well it holds up.

I've been having such a great time redoing this quad that I bought him a friend today. Found a 98 banshee locally and you will all be happy to hear that it is piped & jetted with pro circuit platinum pipes and factory sound 304 mufflers with LOTS of other aftermarket goodies. I kinda went out on a whim buying this. Might just clean it up and sell it. We will see. Depends on how expensive my current build gets.

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg