Problem with banshee rear caliper

Tried doing my rear brakes today and the gold colored plate that runs parallel to the rotor needs to come back in order for me to fit the caliper on my rotor. Problem is the allen key that holds that is already stripped out. I found a few calipers on ebay for $70 plus used! Seems pretty high to me. However this is probably what I am going to have to do, or are there any other rear calipers that will bolt up to the mounting bracket?

That is actually a slide pin that is froze up. U should be able to free that pin up without getting that bolt out. Iirc the other pin can be unbolted from the plate with a 12mm wrench then u can slide that plate off w pin still attached. If nothing else I have a caliper I'd take 50 shipped

That is actually a slide pin that is froze up. U should be able to free that pin up without getting that bolt out. Iirc the other pin can be unbolted from the plate with a 12mm wrench then u can slide that plate off w pin still attached. If nothing else I have a caliper I'd take 50 shipped

I will give that a shot and if I can't get it I just might take you up on that. Thanks!

I had one that the slide pin was so rusted up that it took me 2 hours in a fully equipped shop the night before a ride, to get it apart and back together. There is a thin wall bushing in the caliper. The pin is supposed to slide in that bushing. When I finally got the pin pressed out, the bushing was stuck to the pin. I made special press fixtures in the lathe, drilled the center out of the pin in the drill press, and pressed things apart and pressed the bushing back into the caliper in the hydraulic press. In desperation, I used a front caliper slide pin. It works, but there's no way to seal out water. If you use a complete front caliper, you still need the rear caliper mounting plate.

Here's a thread that shows a right front caliper on the rear.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152261

Edited by Starwriter