swingarm bearings replacement

Any suggestions on getting the shaft out? I have the nut and washer off the stator side of the bike but cannot get the shaft out. I have heated both ends up pretty good but can't break the clutch side loose. Is the shaft threaded or can I knock it out with a hammer?

Yup you're going to want to get yourself a BFH and have at it. Once the nut is removed you're good to go but if it's never been greased before the insides tend to fuse themselves together. I had to cut my swingarm off, it's a good thing I was planning on buying a new one, if you do have to hack it off just get yourself an angle grinder and it'll be off in 10 minutes. If you're able to remove it in one piece replace all the parts not just the bearings, pivot bolt included. Check out East Coast ATV they have some decent prices on all of it.. Good Luck. :cheers:

As was already stated... They definitely can be a real bitch!

Before you go postal on it , spray that fucker down with either PB Blaster , or KROIL , the latter of the 2 I hear works even better than PB Blaster . get yourself a piece of all thread and some nuts and washers , and use a deep well socket , and set it up so you have a nut and a fender washer as your pulling point on one side , then use the deep well socket that is larger diameter than the shaft and fits against the frame mount , then use another nut and fender washer to tighten against the socket , that will start pulling the shaft toward you . give it a few cranks , spray it from the back side with oil and go slow , once you feel that thing jump like a virgin on her first ride , then just crank away on that nut until the shaft bottoms out in the socket , then switch to say a 3/4" pipe nipple thats longer so you can keept pulling it using the makeshift allthread puller.

I was assuming you were talking about the Pivot Tube , if its the long Bolt you are talking about , if you have a air impact wrench or even a electric drill with a socket adapter , spin the bolt in place while someone pushes on the back side with a socket and a extension , if you are by yourself , alternate between spinning it , and using a drift and a hammer to hit it from the other side and keep spraying on the penetrating oil.

Edited by Blastard

if your talking about the pivot bolt that holds the swinger in place then i used a sawsall........you can get a blade between the frame and swinger . jus cut the long pivot bolt on both sides if needed. pice a cake goodluck :cheers:

Edited by shakar

just did mine today. could not get the bolt to budge so we drilled the center hole in the bolt big as we could without breaking through it, then we sawzalled it on both sides . since the bolt was very thin from the drilling it was much easier to cut it.

I did the same. Get a few long sawzall blades. Use a bottle jack to spread the frame. cut inbetween frame and pivot tube on each side of swinger.

Im gonna try that bottle jack trick on it tomorrow. I couldnt get the sawzall blade in between the frame and the swingarm without cutting into one. If that don't work i'm gonna cut the swingarm off, which i really don't want to do because I'm tired of buying more and more parts for this damn thing. I cant believe that bolt won't come out! I hit it so hard with a sledge hammer that the threaded end is mushroomed out. It's crazy that i can spin the bolt with a small wrench now and it still won't move side to side.

Im gonna try that bottle jack trick on it tomorrow. I couldnt get the sawzall blade in between the frame and the swingarm without cutting into one. If that don't work i'm gonna cut the swingarm off, which i really don't want to do because I'm tired of buying more and more parts for this damn thing. I cant believe that bolt won't come out! I hit it so hard with a sledge hammer that the threaded end is mushroomed out. It's crazy that i can spin the bolt with a small wrench now and it still won't move side to side.

maybe try to wedge somthing in there to push it to the opp side,it only needs 1/8 ' opening for the blade to slip in. goodluck and let us know how you make out :cheers: