oversize fuel tank range?

Just bought a 5.5 clarke tank off CL and installed it on shee--looks awesome :headbang: --added a bunch of other stuff as well. Have a trip planned next month in northern wisconsin/Pembine-Dunbar/-Marinette county. Hoping to log on 120-150 miles per day on my trip. Looking to see how many miles anyone has gone with a oversized fuel tank or how many miles on a stock tank and I can do the math. Mostly flat/smooth trails/ fire road, etc. There are a few gas stations at some towns but no race gas-I run 4 gal93 oct and 2 gallons of 100oct or higher--I will bring a 6 gallon jug of race gas and do a mix at mroning fillup. -I was thinking should I knock down my timing to stock--at +4 now with 19cc domes/single 35 carb. My compression is not sky high--last rebuild was 04 for me. I will be getting rebuild over winter. Nothing like WOT dunes--just trails. Did a search and nothing popped up with tank range. Thanks

Edited by scuba147

On my shee with t5 pipe and k&n filter I was making it about 60 miles on 3.1 gallons of 91 octane gas. With my 4 mil serval pod filters +4 timing cool head with 24cc domes vforce3 reeds rocket pipes and 35mm carbs I am getting about half of that

• 1 month later...

Well went on my trip--only rode one day 108 miles and fished the other two--Buddy and brother were wore out after first day. Left cabin at 230 and made it back around 930 and stopped 3 times along the way-The trail system we were on even went through a golf course--had to wait for people to tee off a bluff(I was like the trail goes right through the golf courseWTF---pretty cool!!)-I was surprised how the yfz 450 of the group gassed up and only put in 1.8 gal while I put in 3.4 on the shee in 50 miles of riding--and I wasn't riding it like a banshee--just was taking it easy. Shee always thirsty! I will put my 15tooth front sprocket on next year for a long gear--was in 6th alot just cruisin. On our safari seen 9 deer, 2 snakes, 1 turkey and 4 black bear. Was awesome to see a mamma bear with two cubs go into the woods and just chillin in the brush watchin us as we took a break to watch them. Had a blast!!! Even had the cooler on the 6 pack rack! Cant wait for next years trip. Overall the bigger tank was cheap insurance for this type of riding as this was the smaller loop we went on as the longer loop would of been a heck of lot more miles but would of stopped more for gas. The big tank will be staying on my shee. I will put a pic up if i ever figure it out-LOL