Choke issues.... I think.

So, I just had the top end rebuilt by C&M Custom banshee in enumclaw wa and my bike will not start on the first kick anymore. I used to pride myself on watching my bike start on 1 kick. Now I have to pull the left air cleaner off and put my hand over the hole and kick it to get it to start. what do you think it might be and whats the easiest way to fix the problem?

So, I just had the top end rebuilt by C&M Custom banshee in enumclaw wa and my bike will not start on the first kick anymore. I used to pride myself on watching my bike start on 1 kick. Now I have to pull the left air cleaner off and put my hand over the hole and kick it to get it to start. what do you think it might be and whats the easiest way to fix the problem?

Choke tube between the carbs? Was the motor pressure tested after the build? If not, probably an air leak.

• 7 months later...

SO, Apparently someone took this the wrong way and made it sound like i am bad mouthing C&M... First of all!!! C&M will be the only one working on my bike until it rusts out and cant ride it anymore. Second!! i see the way the post looks and can maybe see why that person made a comment.... i was trying to say that when I got the motor rebuilt, it did not help my starting issue (wich i had BEFORE i took it to C&M) but its not C&M's fault because I did not have C&M even look at the carbs. I appologize if there was any miscommunications, I would refer C&M to anybody and like i said, he will be the only one turning wrenches on my bike!! 

If they rebuilt the motor and after you got it back you have got to take the filters off and put your hand over the carb to choke it to start it then they did not get something right. If you had this issue before they built the motor they should have adddressed it when they put the motor back in. I have personally pulled motors apart that C&M has built and all I can say is enjoy having them work on your shit dude becasue what they tell you they put in your motor and what is actually in your motor are 2 different things from my experiance.

As far as your starting issue goes you could have the float bowls on wrong causing your choke not to work right you could have a plugged up circut on your carbs would be a air leak. You get the idea it could be several issues. 

FYI, I used to only let one local shop touch any thing on my bike. I used them for all my machining/porting/head work and even let them rebuild it once when I was out of town and needed the bike ready when I got back. They ran it on the dyno relentlessly and kept getting weird AFR's out of the right side and went ahead and gave it back to me saying it should be cool. I took it out of my driveway and noticed the intake and reed screws falling out of it. I sealed it up made sure to look at jetting and it was way lean because they weren't getting expected airflow for some reason, huh? Needless to say the damage was done already. The crank bearings let go after only an hour after I got it dialed in.

Do your research and make an educated decision. It could save you time, money and headache