Comparing Rods

it lets you know some are heavier and more beefy than other...also lets ME know the Chinese knock off is thin light and cheap compared to other rods

but i could do alittle measuring

Weight has zero to do with strength. If they WERE all made of the same material then it would have some affect, but then the dimensions/design could be changed around to bring some strength back.

So yes this comparison is null.

• 2 months later...

ok one of these 29l/r rods came off a $395 crank the other came off a $600+ crank

guy who sold the $600+ crank said his rod is different :unsure: ....they weight the same and look the same to me.

the darker colored one came off the $600 crank

IMAG0453.jpg

Edited by stroking

ok one of these 29l/r rods came off a $395 crank the other came off a $600+ crank

guy who sold the $600+ crank said his rod is different :unsure: ....they weight the same and look the same to me.

the darker colored one came off the $600 crank

IMAG0453.jpg

Same rod made by the same company. In what way did the seller of the $600 setup say " his" rod way different other than costing $205 more.

who do you think paid for that "other guy's" race trailer??

this weight thing is pretty crap. now taking as stated the same rod and "lightening it" can do a few things....

hot rods rods are nicer than any of the other's in these pics. junk chinese knockoff's of OEM rods. i think i have a few stocker 110 rods off yamaha cranks out there. want me to measure them on my crack scale?