Shee wont start. Hardly any spark, any ideas?

So im riding down the road 5th gear mid throttle, and under estimate my stopping distance banghead . lock up the breaks and shee stalls :confused: . after that it wouldnt start. i had a coil that was all rigged up just to make it work so i thought that it took a total shit on me :flush: . so i ordered a new one put it on, kicked it over and it started for all of 10 seconds :yank: . now it wont start at all. i had a buddy come over and give me a hand i kicked it over a few times ( to check the spark) and he could barly see a spark. the lights would come on barly enough so you could see them if you put your hand over it and looked at it. my question is what could this problem be? and how was it caused? i had a stealership repair friend tell me the condensor in the CDI, make sense to any one? any suggestions would help thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it's spelled jäger right? Not yager.. Just pointing it out. But yes the new ignition system should set you straight. I would've just cleaned the connections or just a coil. So maybe try putting in the coil only and sell the rest again. Get some of your money back.

Sorry my last name is yager. That's why its spelled how it is.

My mistake. Did you check your pick up coil? Or figure out what was causing it?

ill try that too (wire trimming) like the grill btw. i have all the new stuff out on it and it's still not running. but now i have nice blue spark. it started up for about 10 seconds at the most. it seems like it wants to but dosent at the same time :yank: . it will fire every so often and sometimes when it does fire it back fires. i checked my compression and both cylenders are at 120 psi and hold steady. i also cleaned the carbs (yet again). i was told that i would get to be a pro at cleaning carbs and syncing them when i first got this thing i thought he was joking! NOPE!!!! banghead any way, i dont know where els to go from here :shrugani: . after cleaning the carbs i got it to fire a bit better but its now too late to keep trying. well if there are any more suggestions out there i am open to them all!!! im about to set this bitch on fire and roll it down the hill into the bayou by my house!!! :evil:

You should check all electrical system..it sounds complicated, but in fact, its way more easy than changing everything, like you did and less expensive!! Plus you will know exactly whats wrong. Could be a burnt connector/wire/any other stupid problem.

For my case, I redid all the wiring and took every unnecessary wire out, but the ignition coil went bad. Took me 15mins to test everything, and yes the coil was the last thing I checked LOL. But I know now why my lights didnt work; I found out that the lighting coil is shot by testing everything.

So a cheap voltmeter 20$, new coil 40$, knowing what is the real problem; priceless :D

check this out; theres something about the gap for the pickup coil too..the gap has to be 0.015-0.020..

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133650

Edited by bansheenoob