Vitos crank?

After seeing the damage from a broken crank in another post im worried about the crank i have because i chose it without having any experience with them. I chose the vitos crank because its welded and keyed already. Im wanting to know if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with them.

Ive never heard anything bad about them :shrugani:

So far its been fine, The rods were a shiny polished set and not the bronze rods that every body dislikes. I hope it holds up cause i cant afford a rod failure like the guy from the post i read earlier. It smashed the hell out of his whole engine.

my last 3 cranks are vitos, 4mm 110 rod (with the older style bronze/copper colored rods, but completly different then the ultra bright and ultra thin copper color rod that are on the wang cranks) , 4mm 115 (with the polished rods) and 10mm 115(with the old stlye rods). all have been ran in 100+hp setups. no problems with any of them.

my last 3 cranks are vitos, 4mm 110 rod (with the older style bronze/copper colored rods, but completly different then the ultra bright and ultra thin copper color rod that are on the wang cranks) , 4mm 115 (with the polished rods) and 10mm 115(with the old stlye rods). all have been ran in 100+hp setups. no problems with any of them.

Since you had both 110 and 115, did you notice any difference between the 2? As far as wear on the jugs due to more side load?

Since you had both 110 and 115, did you notice any difference between the 2? As far as wear on the jugs due to more side load?

ive dynoed the motor with the 110 and 115, with that and the corresponding piston being the only changes. same exact hp.

the faster piston wear with the 110 rod crank imo is bs, ive gone through far more 573mo6800's (used with the 115rod) then the 9768 piston used with the 110 rod. mostly because the 573mo6800 pistons is a bit thinner in a few places on the intake side of the piston.

ive dynoed the motor with the 110 and 115, with that and the corresponding piston being the only changes. same exact hp.

the faster piston wear with the 110 rod crank imo is bs, ive gone through far more 573mo6800's (used with the 115rod) then the 9768 piston used with the 110 rod. mostly because the 573mo6800 pistons is a bit thinner in a few places on the intake side of the piston.

okay cool. I didn't think it would be that bad. Sorry for hijacking the thread OP.

Thanks for the input,,,My crank is the one advertised on ebay for 350.00. Vitos claims its the strongest available, It was welded with keyed webs so i was pleased when i received it. Its got polished rods with vitos cast into the side of them and are a different shape then the other rods ive seen. I hope its a quality piece and dont smash my cases to pieces.

i have that vitos crank looks like it was made really well, i just have stock bore, have about two hours on it and no complaints, i have heard mixed thoughts on there pistons but there cranks look pretty damn decent and there all polished not that you can see them of course