01 shee needs cylinders!

I told you bore it. Send it to a shop, they do it. Then they set you up with the exact pistons you need. It's a very simple common process. That's the right way to do it. The other may look fine, but you can't tell if it's egg shaped or wore to the limit. Do it right, bore it. Trade in the wrong pistons you bought.

I told you bore it. Send it to a shop, they do it. Then they set you up with the exact pistons you need. It's a very simple common process. That's the right way to do it. The other may look fine, but you can't tell if it's egg shaped or wore to the limit. Do it right, bore it. Trade in the wrong pistons you bought.

alright man thanks, but do i need to buy new cylinders to boar it? but if i bought stock size cyliders wouldnt that work? i tried to have them resleaved but no where around here does it.

Sell your "new" pistons take your cylinders to a machine shop that can bore them out and have them do it. YOU can't bore them. When they bore it out far enough that the scores are gone, mic them, and buy a set of pistons for that bore size with the money from the old ones. They will go .010 more then likely depending how deep the score is in the cylinder. When they tell you how far they bored them out, here is a chart that tells you what over bore takes what piston so you don't fuck up when you get new ones.

ae7c4944-5f4e-e0bc.jpg

Sell your "new" pistons take your cylinders to a machine shop that can bore them out and have them do it. YOU can't bore them. When they bore it out far enough that the scores are gone, mic them, and buy a set of pistons for that bore size with the money from the old ones. They will go .010 more then likely depending how deep the score is in the cylinder. When they tell you how far they bored them out, here is a chart that tells you what over bore takes what piston so you don't fuck up when you get new ones.

ae7c4944-5f4e-e0bc.jpg

ahhh alright alright! i see now. ill prob do that then! thanks! but are the price of the pistons about the same? im kinda on a tight budget :/

ahhh alright alright! i see now. ill prob do that then! thanks! but are the price of the pistons about the same? im kinda on a tight budget :/

They all cost the same. The boring will be $40-$120 a cylinder though and you HAVE TOO do both. Good luck with the rebuilt. Like everyone said, do it the right way or dont do it at all. No point in getting another cylinder when you can have them bored for less

Ok, you have cleared it up a little (maybe :jesterlaugh: ) The proper way is you take cylinders to shop. They measure them and estimate amount needed to remove gouge. They get pistons. Then they bore and hone to fit new pistons. Place I just used marked pistons & cylinders A , B. Aparently they were a hair different. Shop I used charges $48 a hole to bore.