Noob Q: How long do shocks last?

Tdaz250

As i'm slowly buying things for my banshee i'm sure eventually shocks is going on the list. My question is do they have a lifespan? Seems like everyone says works shocks. I dont plan on getting longer a-arms...but i'm wondering what the lift span of shocks are.

As i'm slowly buying things for my banshee i'm sure eventually shocks is going on the list. My question is do they have a lifespan? Seems like everyone says works shocks. I dont plan on getting longer a-arms...but i'm wondering what the lift span of shocks are.

Lifespan is going to depend on how often you ride and how much you abuse them. I have had mine for 2years and haven't touched them (bought used). Works are a good budget shock. Axis and Elka if you can justify the cost.

If you keep them clean and DO NOT run shock covers, there's no reason a set of Works can't last 6-7 seasons between services, easy. Elka, and Axis use a different type of seal system with a separate wiper in the seal head. They tend to hold up to dirty environments better than the Works seals. Keeping either brand shock clean with extend the life dramatically.

If you keep them clean and DO NOT run shock covers, there's no reason a set of Works can't last 6-7 seasons between services, easy. Elka, and Axis use a different type of seal system with a separate wiper in the seal head. They tend to hold up to dirty environments better than the Works seals. Keeping either brand shock clean with extend the life dramatically.

Matt. You say, DO NOT use shock covers....why is that?