rear brake pads wearing qickly

I have a problem with my rear brake ....I took it riding for a day and noticed my pedal was getting weak. Looked at the rear pads and the inside pad was wore completely out. The outside pad was still like new. Does this sound like the slide pins are worn/dirty or my caliper is sticking causing wear to the inside pad? Whatever it is I want to fix it properly.

I have a problem with my rear brake ....I took it riding for a day and noticed my pedal was getting weak. Looked at the rear pads and the inside pad was wore completely out. The outside pad was still like new. Does this sound like the slide pins are worn/dirty or my caliper is sticking causing wear to the inside pad? Whatever it is I want to fix it properly.

caliper piston is sticking

I have a parking brake block off on it...guess i should just buy a new caliper?

How about FIXING what you have? A caliper rebuild kit is cheap and it is easy to install, plus you will learn how it works. I have problems with my rear caliper slide pins corroding up and then the caliper won't release properly and the pads wear out. I just have to pull it apart, get rid of the corrosion, coat them with antisieze and reassemble, problem solved and it didn't cost me a dime.

What about pads rubbing making the calipers overheat and lock up. What could that be caused from? Could it be these pins you guys are talking about. Where are these pins located.

take the two bolts (pins) out the hold the brake pads to the caliber.. clean them up with emery cloth or a scotch bright pad..anti seize or grease them up.. install new pads.. then your probally good to go!!

What about pads rubbing making the calipers overheat and lock up. What could that be caused from? Could it be these pins you guys are talking about. Where are these pins located.

Unbolt the caliper and remove it. The caliper mounting plate should slide easily back and forth. That's the slide pins. Slide the caliper back over the rotor. Twist it sideways and the piston should easily slide back into the caliper. If not, the caliper needs a rebuild. Also make sure the rear master cylinder is extending all the way when your foot is off the pedal. You won't be able to move the caliper piston if the master cylinder is slightly compressed.

Edited by Starwriter