Engine Revved Up Full Throttle, Couldnt Shut It Down...

bansh_88

Ive had 2 run diesels run away at my work your best bet is to walk away. When those big pistons come flying out i dont want to be around. Look on youtube for a detroit that runs away on the dyno. Its amazing. Had my old jetski run away as well that was a total loss.

Ive had 2 run diesels run away at my work your best bet is to walk away. When those big pistons come flying out i dont want to be around. Look on youtube for a detroit that runs away on the dyno. Its amazing. Had my old jetski run away as well that was a total loss.

At my old school there is a huge hole in the roof from a piston. I wish I could of seen that one. I would run away too, slam something over the turbo and run!

More like run away

Grab a thick book and cover up the carbs. Cuts the air from the motor, no air thru carbs, no fuel into motor. If its diesel ing from a lean condition it'll shut off. And you'd have to have a hell of an air leak for it to keep running. I've seen this done with blocks of wood that we're stuffed over turbo inlets to kill run away diesel engines. Now that's scary, a diesel motor turning at 7k+, just waiting for parts to granade thru the block.

That was gonna be my suggestion. Buddy of mine had an ol zilla with a worn out carb on it. We were out in the middle of nowhere and his chain popped off. It idled up and took off. He freaked out and yanked the fuel line and the plug cap. Still ran. Ended up blocking off the carb and it died instantly.

yea my banshee did the same shit reved full throttle get rid of the tors and when you start it have the airbox off so if it tries to run away just put a book or something over the carb inakes they wont run with no air. when mine ran away it was the tors garbage pulled choke out plug boots off and it finally died scary stuff. all rebuilt and running like a champ tors gone i think you will be fine. i built dsl engines for years and pluggin off the air supply on first start if they try to run away works perfect good luck and happy riding.

Edited by Jackl