Nology Coil

I think I have read somewhere here that when using the nology coil and wires you are supposed to run the non resister NGK plug B8ES.

So my questions is why and what will happen if you run the resister NGK plug BR8ES. Asking because I have a trailtech vapor and would like to

prevent causing it "static" if you know what I mean and also here in Qatar, I have not been able to find any non resister plugs or much of anything

else banshee related for that matter.

Having some shipped and waiting a month is not my favorite option.

Any help is appreciated.

Wayne

I will tell you from experience, if you run the br8es or any resistor plugs in your bike with the nology coil, it will run like shit. Save yourself the headache and order a few sets of the b8es plugs. Make sure you run a tight gap on them too.

I will tell you from experience, if you run the br8es or any resistor plugs in your bike with the nology coil, it will run like shit. Save yourself the headache and order a few sets of the b8es plugs. Make sure you run a tight gap on them too.

So you have already crossed this bridge with the nology coil, resister and non-resister plugs? And what is a tight gap, .020?

I have ran a Nology Coil and Resistor plugs now for several years with no problems. How would a resistor plug cause problems. It is there to prevent problems by reducing interfearance that can cause problems with CDI's.

Edited by jbooker82

I have ran a Nology Coil and Resistor plugs now for several years with no problems. How would a resistor plug cause problems. It is there to prevent problems by reducing interfearance that can cause problems with CDI's.

I've read that Nology recommends non-resistor plugs when running their hot wires, and the wires have resistors built in. When I ran br8es plugs I had a high-end miss, when I put in b8es and ran a tighter gap, my problem went away. Like I said I'm just speaking from personal experience, but by all means I don't think it would hurt to try the resistor plugs out.

I think I have read somewhere here that when using the nology coil and wires you are supposed to run the non resister NGK plug B8ES.

So my questions is why and what will happen if you run the resister NGK plug BR8ES. Asking because I have a trailtech vapor and would like to

prevent causing it "static" if you know what I mean

Running non resistor plugs with a nology coil and hot wires would cause my Vapor to reset when you would hit a high rpm. It would just blink and reset. There was so much interfeance I could get a tach reading with out even having the tach lead pluged in to the vapor.

Running Resistor plugs made it quit. You wont hurt anything buy running resistor plugs.