banshee problems

max ertz

hi guys and gals . i am new to the site and i need some help if possible . i am new to banshees but not two strokes i bought a banshee and have some issues . it a 1993 as far as i know its stock it does have a boost bottle . . first issue is . in second gear it slips around half throttle . i adjusted the chain and still no fix . only second gear . next is a surging issue . i think i need to clean the carbs . if i leave the fuel on the right carb leaks out the overflow tube . it idles fine with no problems . i replaced the plugs and it was not the issue .

hi guys and gals . i am new to the site and i need some help if possible . i am new to banshees but not two strokes i bought a banshee and have some issues . it a 1993 as far as i know its stock it does have a boost bottle . . first issue is . in second gear it slips around half throttle . i adjusted the chain and still no fix . only second gear . next is a surging issue . i think i need to clean the carbs . if i leave the fuel on the right carb leaks out the overflow tube . it idles fine with no problems . i replaced the plugs and it was not the issue .

Take apart the carbs and clean them up good. Take them apart one at a time, you dont want to try to mix and match carb parts, then check the floats.

Take apart the carbs and clean them up good. Take them apart one at a time, you dont want to try to mix and match carb parts, then check the floats.

will do . but will this effect my second gear problem

sounds like the clutch is starting to slip, jeff at fast racing has a good clutch kit.

if that is your xray you need to get that tumer removed, :rotflmao:

cleaned the carbs today no more surgeing i will call fast racing . has anyone tried the tusk clutchs . and is the moose kit any good . that tumor is just fine . if it was a bow tie i would have it removed . lol

If your going to replace the clutch check the basket if it has groves in the fingers replace it with a billet basket (Mattoon is the bomb). I just put in a barnett clutch from FAST and it worked great. You can also do the shift star mod since the cover is off, a billet impeller, and a pancake bearing. These are all good mods. Also inspect the innner and outter cluth hubs for wear and replace . If you do it all at once you only have to do it once and your good to go for a long time.

Edited by Sandking

cleaned the carbs today no more surgeing i will call fast racing . has anyone tried the tusk clutchs . and is the moose kit any good . that tumor is just fine . if it was a bow tie i would have it removed . lol

Watch it, a lot of us here were our bow ties proudly :angry:

• 3 months later...