k&t 421 cub, 22x10x8 12p?

CAJUN BANSHEE

Wondering what size tires to run on 300' sand. I had 22x10x8 12p extremes on my stk cyl 4mil on stock chassis with a + 6 swinger and they did great, but now I have a 421 being built and and I put a +12 arch swinger and all marvins set up for 220lb rider. If anyone has this similar set up I need sum input cause these tires aren't cheap. Thanks for any replies fellas

Wondering what size tires to run on 300' sand. I had 22x10x8 12p extremes on my stk cyl 4mil on stock chassis with a + 6 swinger and they did great, but now I have a 421 being built and and I put a +12 arch swinger and all marvins set up for 220lb rider. If anyone has this similar set up I need sum input cause these tires aren't cheap. Thanks for any replies fellas

I would start with what you have & get a baseline. That's if you still have them same paddles.

While our set-up is not exactly the same, it could provide you some insight. We have a stock frame 443 cub on race gas with a 210 + lb. rider & a +14 swingarm.

Our 1st time on 300' with our old 22x11x8 12 paddle extremes on a 8" wide rim. We got deep into the 3s, but we did have some traction problems in 3rd & 4th gears.

Our 2nd & 3rd times to 300' we bought 22x11x8 14 paddle Rippers on a 10" wide rim. I'm not recommending Rippers, but giving you information on what we have done. BTW we love the Rippers, but they are not for everyone.

I would start with what you have & get a baseline. That's if you still have them same paddles.

While our set-up is not exactly the same, it could provide you some insight. We have a stock frame 443 cub on race gas with a 210 + lb. rider & a +14 swingarm.

Our 1st time on 300' with our old 22x11x8 12 paddle extremes on a 8" wide rim. We got deep into the 3s, but we did have some traction problems in 3rd & 4th gears.

Our 2nd & 3rd times to 300' we bought 22x11x8 14 paddle Rippers on a 10" wide rim. I'm not recommending Rippers, but giving you information on what we have done. BTW we love the Rippers, but they are not for everyone.

thanks man, and yes I do still have the 12's, I was going to try them anyway. Thanks for the info

Fastassbanshee, sorry, have a buddy already trying to get them from me but if not Ima halla at ya.

thanks man, and yes I do still have the 12's, I was going to try them anyway. Thanks for the info

Fastassbanshee, sorry, have a buddy already trying to get them from me but if not Ima halla at ya.

If your running gas I would highly suggest 12p extreme tripple buff on10- 12 over. If you going to run methanol...14p extreme triple buff with a 10-12 over. Hauler paddles will fold over bigtime on a good running 421...Jim

If your running gas I would highly suggest 12p extreme tripple buff on10- 12 over. If you going to run methanol...14p extreme triple buff with a 10-12 over. Hauler paddles will fold over bigtime on a good running 421...Jim

I will be running meth with 40 lectrons. And k&t is the builder so hopefully she will run hard. At least harder than my stk cyl 4mil.

thanks for the info Passion.

What gearing would you recommend on either. I'm sure I will have to play with that a bit, just looking for a starting point. For the record I'm a 220lb rider.

• 1 month later...

Would'nt u do better with struts than shocks :shrugani:

The dunes round here can get a bit.bumpy on the way to the strip, plus I like to venture out a bit.

that's what I wrote too on another thread without reading this.

At SL...the drag bikes we put in the back of the truck and bring to the drag strip. However, it's whooped out normally so a strut would put you ass over tea kettle real fast.

I saw the pictures in another post, so It looks like it's lights, timers and relatively flat.

If you can get your car/truck into the dunes, I'd bring a strut just to see what it could do.

I had a stout 421 back in the day.. I ran 13 ext on 8x8's. Gearing was 15/42 or 14/40.. I'd jump between the 2 depending on the track. I was about 220ish also.

My bad...I thought I read in another thread this was a 10 mil cub. My bad...

Depending on the rider weight, track surface, length of arm...very good point Shayne.

Your 421 was a raped ape.../

I had a stout 421 back in the day.. I ran 13 ext on 8x8's. Gearing was 15/42 or 14/40.. I'd jump between the 2 depending on the track. I was about 220ish also.

Thanks man, ill play around with that and see what happens.

I also had a +12 swingarm.. so setups were probably pretty similar.

I too have one, arch style.